Need about 6m of reflective membrane i.e. Tyvek or Protect

Carrerahill

On the scrounge here, I am looking for about 6m of Tyvek Reflex or any breathable reflective membrane, Protect TF200 Thermo etc. I ran out with a small piece of wall to finish and a bit above a door and don't fancy paying £340 for another roll to use about 6m of it!

Does anyone have some of a roll left I could buy, or do they have enough on a roll they could sell me some by the meter? I would arrange shipping and square up with you.

I could actually use a little more, about 10m, but that is not critical, it was an over engineering situation!

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I ve got a roll of tyvek left somewher if that would help. Depends where you are located . There are probably around 20-30 meter left on the roll .

Hey, excellent, the shiny silvery reflective stuff?

I am in Scotland but if it was not going to be an issue I could email you a label to print and stick on the bag and I will arrange uplift and arrange to square you up for it...

DFB63BD6-58F8-4F01-A27A-79470572B29C.thumb.jpeg.6f3ee094155cb915546cf3a35e819285.jpeg3CE55E71-BA85-4236-B2E6-7CB15F330F19.thumb.jpeg.f663ded6a6fdb6674c9ec82ac0f86c06.jpegWe have some rolls of stuff left can you show me a picture of what you’re looking for or where it’s for? These are what I have , If I remember correctly the one with blue writing was for outside but the orange was inside, I have 3 part rolls of it and can’t be too far away from you 

Edited by Christine Walker
Add pictures

I've got a substantial portion of a roll of 1.5m wide TF200 Thermo sitting in my container. It's earmarked for the gable end of my porch/greenhouse but I'm pretty sure I'll have at least 10 metres left over and that won't be done for a while anyway so maybe we can arrange something. What sort of timescales are you thinking of - I'm not opening the container until all this wind's gone by.

5 hours ago, Patrick said:

It s not a reflecting one . It s housewrap. Sorry. let me know if you still want it.

s-l1600.jpg

No it needs to be be the reflective stuff - thank you for your offer - I spy an reply from Christine Walker who is A near me, and B it looks like she has the exact stuff I need!

Thanks again.

4 hours ago, Christine Walker said:

DFB63BD6-58F8-4F01-A27A-79470572B29C.thumb.jpeg.6f3ee094155cb915546cf3a35e819285.jpeg3CE55E71-BA85-4236-B2E6-7CB15F330F19.thumb.jpeg.f663ded6a6fdb6674c9ec82ac0f86c06.jpegWe have some rolls of stuff left can you show me a picture of what you’re looking for or where it’s for? These are what I have , If I remember correctly the one with blue writing was for outside but the orange was inside, I have 3 part rolls of it and can’t be too far away from you 

It is for wrapping my timber frame - the bottom stuff looks like the job, is that Protect TF200 Thermo stuff in the bottom image?

I cannot be far from you as you say, I have a friend near Lanark too so not sure if that is in your direction?

Looks like this may work out if you can spare a little! Thanks

4 hours ago, Ed Davies said:

I've got a substantial portion of a roll of 1.5m wide TF200 Thermo sitting in my container. It's earmarked for the gable end of my porch/greenhouse but I'm pretty sure I'll have at least 10 metres left over and that won't be done for a while anyway so maybe we can arrange something. What sort of timescales are you thinking of - I'm not opening the container until all this wind's gone by.

Thank you, I appreciate this, for now I will see if Christine and I can sort something as she cannot be far from me. If it is not the right stuff etc. then I will let you know - I would also feel terrible if you gave me some then ended up short for your gable!

59 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

It is for wrapping my timber frame - the bottom stuff looks like the job, is that Protect TF200 Thermo stuff in the bottom image?

I cannot be far from you as you say, I have a friend near Lanark too so not sure if that is in your direction?

Looks like this may work out if you can spare a little! Thanks

Yes that’s the stuff I’ve got a roll that we got for patching up tears must be about 15-20m of it but it’s only 27” wide , yes I’m 5 mile outside Lanark in Carluke 

17 minutes ago, Christine Walker said:

Yes that’s the stuff I’ve got a roll that we got for patching up tears must be about 15-20m of it but it’s only 27” wide , yes I’m 5 mile outside Lanark in Carluke 

OK - Between yourself and Jamie it looks like I will be able to get some - I have a friend in Carluke too! 

Let me work out what I need and what will be the simplest stuff to get hold of and I will be in touch.

Big thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I now have some membrane!

Thanks to both Christine and Jamie for offering, I took Jamie up on his offer, it transpired Jamie and I were only a couple of miles apart when he was at his work so it was logical (if I run out of this stuff Christine, I will be messaging!!)

So this afternoon I collected from Jamie a part roll of ProtectTF200. The man was a gent and would not take the money waved in front of his eyes. I owe him one and this forum can be witness to that.

Thank you Jamie, and it was nice to meet a fellow forum member in person.

• Thanks 1