Builder's electricity and water, where are my bills?

I have had water and electricity laid on for 7 and 5 months respectively and not yet seen a bill.

Do the utility Co's tend to forget about billing until Building Control signoff on the assumption that consumption will be trivial until occupation?

For my electricity I had to chase them up as they were trying to bill my plot instead of posting my bills to my home.  I haven't really used any units yet but there is still the daily charge to pay. 

I have had an electric bill so EON are definitely charging me, Anglian Water don't seem to care.  I had a red letter come from Anglian and when I rang up to find out why a red letter had been received but no previous bills, it turned out to be an error - they had mixed my account up with someone else's.  When I asked about my bill, the answer seemed to be that I wouldn't get one till I was living there - all seemed a bit strange the conversation, but I gave up trying to clear it all up.

I assume that as my water meter was '0' on day dot, when I start paying for water they will bill me for it all anyway, so I will end up paying at some point.

The electricity didnt bill me for the construction use (and standing charges) until we moved in.  Gas billed me quarterly from date of connection.  Both were with B Gas so no idea why they were treated differently.