The concern over vaporisation of bugs into the air from a humidifier is valid, but bugs from outside water vapour being introduced from an uncontrolled source has to be orders of magnitude greater than filling a humidifier from clean drinking water every day or so, doesn't it?

If you are getting CO2 levels as low as 400ppm, then you're very definitely over-ventilating, by a pretty significant amount.  A level of C02 of around 600ppm would be realistic for a well ventilated home, as it should not normally be as low as the open air outside,

• Thanks 1

You can get the active bit that generates cool mist for a few quid. You just drop it into a bowl of water, maybe in front of a fan 

They're much easier to clean than a proper humidifier. You can just drop the whole unit into a cup of mild disinfectant every couple of days while you clean the bowl.

At that price they're disposable.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

The concern over vaporisation of bugs into the air from a humidifier is valid, but bugs from outside water vapour being introduced from an uncontrolled source has to be orders of magnitude greater than filling a humidifier from clean drinking water every day or so, doesn't it?

If you are getting CO2 levels as low as 400ppm, then you're very definitely over-ventilating, by a pretty significant amount.  A level of C02 of around 600ppm would be realistic for a well ventilated home, as it should not normally be as low as the open air outside,

Hmm thank you....very clean air then just too dry!  I suspect the system has never functioned properly ditto the UFH................I hope the man on Tuesday can live up to my huge expectations and work a miracle.

I'm not going down the trial and error bugs and vapour route, it's too scary,  consultant is OK with a properly maintained MVHR.

I have only one set of lungs and live with the constant worry of bugs getting into my lungs and making themselves at home there.....colonising we call it.....pseudomonas, mac etc they are all around us and most people are not affected by them at all.  I have no immune system to fight these things so I cannot afford to take any risks that are avoidable. I cannot afford to get it wrong.   Last time it happened I was 3 long hard years clearing it and during that time in and out of hospital on IV antibiotics etc...its not nice and not to be recommended ......and each time there is an episode like that it kills a bit more of my lungs not to mention my will to live.  I'm getting too old to fight I need to put up the white flag and live (or die) in peace now.

38 minutes ago, newhome said:

What’s wrong with your UFH @lizzie

its not working properly I think it may be flow and return and/or pump settings plus I have some bit left over not fitted on manifold...... I wont go on L O L probably got it all wrong as per

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, lizzie said:

I'm not going down the trial and error bugs and vapour route, it's too scary,  consultant is OK with a properly maintained MVHR.

Do you grow house plants? They can increase humidity by transpiration.