sole pate details

matt-shrops

Getting close to putting the sole plate down. Trying to work out the best method. 300mm I joists will sit on the sole plate. The sole plate is 150mm on the concrete slab and 150mm on the perimeter XPS insulation. Couple of details I am unsure off!

1. the level of the concrete and XPS differs by a few mm in places- what is the best way to ensure this is sealed and insulated? Have thought about something like compriband to seal it. 

2 DPM- where is the best place to fix it. I have a DPM that the XPS sits on and comes up the outside of the XPS and I used a DPM under the concrete slab that comes up the inside of the XPS. Do I need a DPC under the sole plate as well?

The sole plate will be 49mm  LVL possibly sitting on 36 x 89 treated timber with insulation in the gap.

Thanks

Matt

Picture...?? 

DPC under the lot - use it to trap the DPMs.  Wrap each over the other the top of the EPS/Concrete and then tape them temporarily. Wire u shaped pins into the EPS may also help, then put a 300mm DPC over the top. 

16 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Picture...?? 

DPC under the lot - use it to trap the DPMs.  Wrap each over the other the top of the EPS/Concrete and then tape them temporarily. Wire u shaped pins into the EPS may also help, then put a 300mm DPC over the top. 

Yep. Pictures Please. I am always struggling to understand  without visuals . Would be helpful if someone has this explanation as a sketch or even section.

Can you pour a strip of floor leveling compound around the edge to bring the concrete up nice and level

you can also get a special sanding tool for eps so you can take off any high spots

i would want to spend a day on this getting the two as accurate as I could. 

I found a company the other other day that makes a sill gaskets that have a couple of raised hollow sections that squash down with the weight of the sill, however I can’t find it now. ?