Workman cored through UFH pipe.

divorcingjack

Whilst taking some of the slab out for a shower drain. An area where there were absolutely, definitely, for sure, 100%, no UFH pipes. 

There were. 

What is is a proportionate reaction here? 

1: A large sigh, cake and gin as it it repairable. 

2: light swearing ?, vodka and icecream as it is repairable but shouldn’t really be tried. 

3: Full Malcolm Tucker-esque swearing, absinthe and charcoal roasting the said workman and the person who laid the pipe in the wrong place for sandwiches. 

4: Just sobbing and buying a house already built. 

5: Any combination of the above. 

Option 1....

But they need to be careful as to how they dig out the pipes and ensure that they don’t cause further damage. 

You then need a repair coupling and it needs to go into a straight section. Then get it pressure tested, wrapped in insulation tape and then carefully back filled ...

• Thanks 1

I did this in our first house.  the shower tray got bigger than the original plans and when I was jig sawing the hole in the floor, it took a few seconds to realise just what the pretty fountain of water was coming from.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, divorcingjack said:

Whilst taking some of the slab out for a shower drain. An area where there were absolutely, definitely, for sure, 100%, no UFH pipes. 

There were. 

What is is a proportionate reaction here? 

1: A large sigh, cake and gin as it it repairable. 

2: light swearing ?, vodka and icecream as it is repairable but shouldn’t really be tried. 

3: Full Malcolm Tucker-esque swearing, absinthe and charcoal roasting the said workman and the person who laid the pipe in the wrong place for sandwiches. 

4: Just sobbing and buying a house already built. 

5: Any combination of the above. 

Option 6 after fixing it, which I will have to add to the Construction Cocktails page.

The Forget-me-Shot. From the Simpsons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi7e8mWV0Ec

• Haha 2

Repair couplings are on order. Gin and cake has been consumed. The door to that room is closed. 

So, touching the floors went SO well that we now need to cut a slot in the living room floor to fit the final tread of our stairs in. ? 

Plan is to crank the flow temp up to max, and hire/borrow an IR camera. Is there anything else we can do to prepare? Not cutting the floor is apparently not an option as it will ruin the look of the whole staircase having to do it another way. 

4 hours ago, divorcingjack said:

Plan is to crank the flow temp up to max, and hire/borrow an IR camera.

You've got some pretty good thermal sensors on the soles of your feet; just take your socks and shoes off, and turn the heating on, and you'll see what I mean