LED tile trims? Not seen these before.

I was looking online at tile trims for the ensuite that we are renovating.  I am thinking that a square edge tile trim would be nice,  to make a feature of them.  however, I just saw these - LED square edge tile trims!  Has anyone used them and are they any good?  I am wondering how they are powered?  Would they need a transformer somewhere??  Any hints on how I could use them to give a little wow factor in my fairly boring ensuite.....

image.png.90acc5ddde36d2956c6e2029f3e31bcf.png

https://www.premiumtiletrim.co.uk/product/squarelight-led-square-edge-tile-trim-by-dural

Certainly striking!

Looking at the profile, I would assume it can contain a standard LED light strip. The strips come with a sticky backing. There are loads available on Amazon, and even "smart" ones from providers such as Philips Hue. Yes, a small controller would be needed but one controller can run multiple LED strips so you'd not necessarily need one per section. Strips can be connected together using various connectors which you can buy separately.

• Thanks 1

Wow the link has tile trim @ £25 for 2.5m there must be some margin in that ?  Though I see their LED strip to go inside is £59 for 2.5m. Could look really effective in right environment but hard to see why it is quite that price. In the scheme of a house build not so crazy but as above, Amazon 5m colour changing AND waterproof unlike the product in the original link only £16. I have cheapo colour changing LED strips in my camper van and they worked fine for the past few years so I'd wonder what makes the others worth £59. Note the Amazon one here also has a UK 12v adaptor (to answer your question)  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-MINGER-Lighting-Changing-Strips/dp/B0799CJLFF/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1551650769&sr=1-7&keywords=led%2Bwaterproof&th=1

Quick search found another supplier though not for the corner/edge https://www.bltdirect.com/2-metre-recessed-aluminium-led-profile-p6-7-65mm-x-15mm-c-w-clear-cover?adcid=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ojElf_m4AIVzLHtCh1GzwqGEAQYAiABEgLWKfD_BwE

Hmm will think about how this may fit in lighting scheme - was pondering this in walls/ceiling in living area - in a subtle manner ?

This is also on alibaba - so I would expect prices to start coming down soon for the tile profiles - you can buy a min of 10m from some alibaba suppliers (not exactly the same though) so not so bad

I hadnt looked at their LED lighting as the OH would get it from his usual suppier and £59 is a silly price - He'd laugh if I told him that.  yes, the trims do seem a little expensive but as anything, the price will come down as more manufactures sell them.  Will let you know if we decide to encorporate them.  ?

• Like 1