Gods tile cutter

Pocster

Time for a dumb question...

Are the various tile cutters mentioned here suitable for roof tiles or natural slate in my case? I ask because there are 11 hips in total for my build (main house & garage).

Given the scale of the task ahead the outlay for the £300 jobbie mentioned by @PeterWseems reasonable.

11 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Time for a dumb question...

Are the various tile cutters mentioned here suitable for roof tiles or natural slate in my case? I ask because there are 11 hips in total for my build (main house & garage). 

Given the scale of the task ahead the outlay for the £300 jobbie mentioned by @PeterWseems reasonable.

You can wet cut slate if you want - tend to use a slate knife and a square bit of wood underneath but no reason you couldn't use a wet bench 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I've lost a lot of weight since then I'll have you know. Peer pressure from my son who now has me in his mobile as 'captain big tits'...…. ?

From the mouths of babes...

Lucky he's not into Star Wars...

300px-Jabba.jpg.7da622a6fe90b45882fd3521548e0410.jpg

29 minutes ago, pocster said:

I got a special price thanks to @Onoff....

You can’t have it unless you buy some ‘certain’ glazing I have ....

I’d likely chop my hand off with it so nae chance of me buying one. Might be pretty ‘armless afterwards I guess ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, newhome said:

I’d likely chop my hand off with it so nae chance of me buying one. Might be pretty ‘armless afterwards I guess ?

Yes very dangerous device ; Best Buy something gentler like some glazing for example ... ?

38 minutes ago, pocster said:

Nope !

Never gonna sell . I might build a modern art sculpture and incorporate them into it 

Half a serious question...

Would they work in an internal situation? As in in a floor and as part of a wood floor...with UFH in that floor.

Keep half thinking of displaying SWMBO's late cousin's fossils ever since I saw similar in the walls of the Natural History Museum.

However...a constant reminder of loss...visions of grandchildren going headfirst onto them...are they slippery?

Tbh I think they would look better in a hall...

SAM_5605

SAM_5599

SAM_5600

13 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Half a serious question...

Would they work in an internal situation? As in in a floor and as part of a wood floor...with UFH in that floor.

Keep half thinking of displaying SWMBO's late cousin's fossils ever since I saw similar in the walls of the Natural History Museum.

However...a constant reminder of loss...visions of grandchildren going headfirst onto them...are they slippery?

Tbh I think they would look better in a hall...

SAM_5605

SAM_5599

SAM_5600

They would be perfect for that ?

They have no grip on the surface but certainly don’t seem slippery when dry .

They are structural glass so strength not an issue ( BUY THEM ! )