Wood floor detail around exterior doors?

8ball

I'm going to be laying a floating engineered wood floor but I'm puzzled about the fitting at the back door and PVC double doors as in pics below, What do you use to build up to/tidy the gap?

Googled for a while but found no useful info or pics, maybe I'm not using correct search terms.

Any help mucho appreciated?

IMG_1621.thumb.jpg.bace0933a872bed27c62eefa29908033.jpg

IMG_1619.thumb.jpg.4be68cf4b44e1cbaea292035146597e0.jpg

Also have a think if a matt well is something you want. You can use a square edge profile to create one. If you’re going to need an entrance mat then it’s far neater than something that you’ll continually trip over or that creeps across the floor!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Also have a think if a matt well is something you want. You can use a square edge profile to create one. If you’re going to need an entrance mat then it’s far neater than something that you’ll continually trip over or that creeps across the floor!

Now that's forward planning and a brilliant suggestion, again thanks so much.....made my day ?

10 hours ago, dpmiller said:

related... what's the score with mat wells wrt level access?

Remove the mat on inspection day and fit some off cuts of the flooring in the hole, mounted on some ply to bring up to the correct level

after the busy body bc have gone put your mat back. ??

• Like 1

TIP:

If making a mat well, you will be going out and buying a good quality thick doormat and making it to fit that.

So my tip is, buy a SPARE mat as well and keep it in a safe place for when the first gets old and tatty, and you then find you can't find one the right size.

• Thanks 1