Wallpaper on fresh plaster?

Weebles

Plastering (onto plasterboard / timber stud walls, not masonry) is part finished so we can start painting (mist coats etc).  My daughter wants some wallpaper in her bedroom and a friend said her builder had advised waiting at least a year before putting wallpaper up onto fresh plaster.  Does that have any merit?  Or can we mist coat the wall and then wallpaper it?  Or something else?

9 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Once apom a time maybe. But a plasterboard skimmed wall dries relatively quickly in normal conditions. 

https://www.grahambrown.com/uk/how-to/how-to-apply-wallpaper-to-newly-plastered-walls/Blog-HowTo-WallpaperNewlyPlasteredWalls.html

So it looks like we just "size" the walls and we are good to go.  So I can't put this off for a year then ? - going to have to hang wallpaper for the first time......

1 minute ago, Weebles said:

So it looks like we just "size" the walls and we are good to go.  So I can't put this off for a year then ? - going to have to hang wallpaper for the first time......

Wallpapering is immensely satisfying. A few hours of hard work and an instant finished result. :)