25mm MDPE to washing machine, which plumbing bits?

epsilonGreedy

@recoveringacademiccannot have a complete monopoly on basic questions this week, so here is mine.

Our launderette bill is nearly £100 monthly so it is time for me me to install our washing machine in a garden shed next to the static caravan on site. The plumbing starting point is an MDPE 25mm branch from the static caravan mains water supply. Having fed an MDPE pipe up through the floor of the garden shed what bits do I need to step down the 25mm pipe to the point where a flexible washing machine connector hose can be attached?

It is a cold feed only W/M.

p.s. I will not install the W/M until the risk of an overnight hard frost has past but I am submitting a Pipestock order now and want to get the right bits for the job. 

@OnoffPlumbing seems simpler than I thought, even better I do not have to learn how to copper pipe solder at this stage of my build. I might even advance to a posh shed plumbing job and fix the copper pipe to the internal shed wall with insulation. I suppose a stop cock for the shed branch makes sense to eliminate burst pipe concerns winter 19/20.

Since posting I realized the Cafe Nero factor means we spend more than £100 per month while visiting the launderette.

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

25mm MDPE to 22mm copper - but use a length of 22mm Hep2O.

Is this because of the freezing risk?

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Then go to a 22x22x15 tee, run into an end cap on the 22mm and run 15mm into an isolator.

Are you suggesting a tee connector because I will will be able to reuse it in the main house later in the build? 

5 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Are you suggesting a tee connector because I will will be able to reuse it in the main house later in the build? 

In case you want one of these in the shed?

41D306PPCZL._AC_SY400_.jpg.99e10ac84fcda991aceda6ccad0fc681.jpg

37 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Other than @Onoff suggestion, it’s about using the spare capacity in the tee to prevent freeze damage. 

Small tubular heaters are good in garages to keep above frost level.