Firefox 5 Gas Stove

amavadia

Hi All,

I have just picked up a Firefox 5 Gas stove. I will be having it installed by a gas engineer but I am preparing the fireplace myself. I took the old fireplace out and am straightening up the brickwork on the sides to fit lining and a new hearthstone. 

Round the back of the stove, there is a metal box bolted on. There is what looks like a cable connected to it but there doesn't seem to be anything inside the box section itself. 

Does anyone know what this is and if it can be removed? If it can be removed I can put the fireplace further back inside the chimney so it does not stick out the front as much.

Any help would be appreciated. I have attached a picture of the box.

IMG_1387.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to find the flue liner requirements are for a gas stove in terms of diameter?

The black vitreous flue which came with the stove is 5" but I can't see anything in the installers manual linked above which talks about the size of the liner. 

Since the vitreous is 5" should the flue be 5" as well or does it need to be bigger?

Thanks

Is it new ..?? 5” is odd as the MIs say 4” Selkirk insulted flue from the unit. You can use 5” for the chimney flue but it needs to be suitable for gas and should be installed by the GSR engineer as it’s part of the regulated install.