Devolo

Hey 

So I got rid of my AP units and installed devolo plugs so WiFi is great and a wired connection is available.

Today no joy ( been working flawlessly for a month now ) .

Main devolo plug wired direct to router always goes to a red ‘home’ light . Suggesting I think low bandwidth. Electrical interference ????

Not sure what the issue suddenly is !!

5505ED97-BC72-4FDC-8E03-EDEF8C63766F.jpeg

55 minutes ago, PeterW said:

All plugged into an extension lead ..? Could be the problem as I’ve had it happen to me. 

Yeah . I know that’s a ‘bad’ . But worked perfect before . Also the plug socket for reasons unknown upside down so I can’t plug the devolo direct into the socket .

i think Monday I’ll plug the devolo direct into a wall socket ( no extension lead ) then run a long rj45 to it .

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

All plugged into an extension lead ..? Could be the problem as I’ve had it happen to me.

When installing a similar system to an outside garage office I did not believe the instructions that clearly advised against an extension lead, "how could a short extension make any difference I reasoned". The system refused to link via the extension socket whereas a weak link was established via the wall socket.

Someone here mentioned additional electrical echos can become established at joints which can degrade signals.

24 minutes ago, lizzie said:

I used devolo in rented house......had no end of problems with with but know others who say its great. Have you checked the web site for software updates.

Yeah . All plugs have latest firmware 

As I said , it worked perfect for a month .

Not sure what to do if these fail and the AP units failed , what other options are left .

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, pocster said:

So I got rid of my AP units and installed devolo plugs so WiFi is great and a wired connection is available.

Today no joy ( been working flawlessly for a month now ) .

Main devolo plug wired direct to router always goes to a red ‘home’ light . Suggesting I think low bandwidth. Electrical interference ????

Not sure what the issue suddenly is !!

I used the old original Devolo plugs for the last fourteen years until I moved into the new house. Had a couple in an extension board as well and none ever missed a beat. I guess I was just lucky.

Well!

Got it working but not sure how/why.

After messing around I finally removed the main devolo plug from the extension lead.

As it can't be plugged directly into the socket (the socket is installed up side down) I plugged it into ANOTHER extension lead on it's own.

WORKS! (I think ).

• Like 2