Framin' ridiculous innit?

754235B7-4EE2-4F6A-ADA3-3362C918A19C.thumb.jpeg.287699e4ea890a5c27e835384453eb67.jpeg

@recoveringacademic 

what you need to do is mark out on the floor ALL YOUR WALLS, don’t build one wall and then add another this will bite you later

layout your sole plate and mark all junctions, corners. Then mark them on your sole plate. 

The distance between studs is completely irrelevant, apart from the studs your plasterboard joins on

i couldn’t give a hoot if there 457.5mm apart, it is only the corners and junctions and board joins that are important. 

Think about these 3 points and do not worry about the other being out by 10-20 50mm it is not important. 

@PeterW is with me, you also need to do something similar at a corner, 

you can look it up on YouTube, look up framing. 

If you look up California corner that might help

with a corner you need to make sure you can support your boards on the external corner as well as internal corner. 

That  one will mess with your head. 

3 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

[...]

@recoveringacademicwhat you need to do is mark out on the floor ALL YOUR WALLS, don’t build one wall and then add another this will bite you later

layout your sole plate and mark all junctions, corners. Then mark them on your sole plate.

[...]

Thanks for catching another error just before it bit my Botticelli.

Didn't know it was called a sole plate .... @Construction Channel calls it something else ( base plate I  think....)

• 2 weeks later...

the way that we do it up here is to completely plasterboard all the long walls in 1 continuous run, these are usually ones along corridors etc then plasterboard the smaller ones, hopefully this picture will make it easier to understand, you have the benefit of using fewer studs

edit: drawing is obviously not to scale 9_9

IMG_20190310_153244.jpg

Edited by Hobbiniho

2 hours ago, Hobbiniho said:

the way that we do it up here is to completely plasterboard all the long walls in 1 continuous run, these are usually ones along corridors etc then plasterboard the smaller ones, hopefully this picture will make it easier to understand, you have the benefit of using fewer studs

edit: drawing is obviously not to scale 9_9

IMG_20190310_153244.jpg

Using this approach, is there any issue with sound travelling between the rooms - along the plasterboard?