Timber cladding abutting brick inside corner detail

Andrew

Does anyone happen to have a detail for an inside corner where timber cladding meets brick? 

Architect seems a little unsure and I'm slightly concerned about rain penetration into the timber frame where they meet.

We're just attaching the cladding onto the outside of the frame. The cladding is horizontal over vertical battens. Brick work will have a 60mm cavity from the frame. 

I've attached a simple image showing the area in question - this is just for illustration.   

detail.jpg

3 hours ago, Brickie said:

Is the brickwork already built?

What background are you fixing the cladding to? 

Looks like a simple vertical flashing cut into the brick courses & dressed behind the cladding. 

Thanks for the response. 

Nothing is built yet.

The cladding is being fixed to 25mm vertical battens which are attached to the studs in the frame. The cladding is std Siberian larch. 

I would run the brickwork up to 25mm from the timber frame return. On the timber clad wall, form a corner from 2 pieces of larch ripped down to 75mm. Butt 1 side of this corner to the brickwork and the other fix to your timber batten having run some dpc vertically. Bring out the timber battens on this section to the same depth of your batten + corner. You may need to add an extra stud or 2 to the timber frame to support the corner.

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I would run the brickwork up to 25mm from the timber frame return. On the timber clad wall, form a corner from 2 pieces of larch ripped down to 75mm. Butt 1 side of this corner to the brickwork and the other fix to your timber batten having run some dpc vertically. Bring out the timber battens on this section to the same depth of your batten + corner. You may need to add an extra stud or 2 to the timber frame to support the corner.

Thanks for going to the trouble to post this - really appreciated. 

• 4 years later...