Extra charges for Bat Licence

Jilly

I just received this from our ecologist. Please note, this is an extra fee on top of the £4.5K it will cost for the Preliminary Assessments, Reports, multiple Surveys etc etc ...

'I just wanted to advise you of a change that is being implemented by the government agency Natural England in regard to wildlife licencing because it might affect you. Up until now the process of applying for a protected species mitigation licence was free but this week Natural England have announced that a charge will be made for bat applications received from 22nd April 2019. They have not confirmed how much the charge would be, but when they conducted a consultation on this issue a year ago they mooted the figure of £500 for a non-complex bat licence. This is out of our control and will apply across England.'

Get a wiggle on then.

Your ecologist will have applied for a similar licence countless times before , so it's just a copy and paste job plus and bit of tinkering.  Our ecologist was among the world's worst information processors -

Phone call

"I'd been up all night counting bats and GCNs: I was very tired all week and it took  a week's work to preparing for your GCN licence"

"Does it take you that long to copy and paste then?

"Erm wodja mean?

"Tell me what the difference is between [xyz] application (available online) and ours: as far as I can see the difference is two diagrams, and one paragraph"

Erm.....

Silence

He applied one month later than he could have, and took 3 months to telI me that our application had been successful.

I paid paid half his bill. 

Silence.

• Like 1

Ha ha, no have paid £1.5K already. They were cheaper in the first instance, and I assumed the would be average for the follow ups, probably wrongly, but I had agreed by then. Lesson learned. It's 80sqm. 

We are currently finding out if it would be possible to demolish and rebuild, as seems to be the received wisdom from you guys, which means we have to delay getting a licence (even though it has to look exactly the same, so all the bat boxes, tiles etc will still apply. 

2 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

Get a wiggle on then.

Your ecologist will have applied for a similar licence countless times before , so it's just a copy and paste job plus and bit of tinkering.  Our ecologist was among the world's worst information processors -

Phone call

"I'd been up all night counting bats and GCNs: I was very tired all week and it took  a week's work to preparing for your GCN licence"

"Does it take you that long to copy and paste then?

"Erm wodja mean?

"Tell me what the difference is between [xyz] application (available online) and ours: as far as I can see the difference is two diagrams, and one paragraph"

Erm.....

Silence

He applied one month later than he could have, and took 3 months to telI me that our application had been successful.

I paid paid half his bill. 

Silence.

?