Eye watering cost of Oak

ProDave

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

the first words in the instructions was "Do not oil" but they said they are happy with Osmo oil.  At least that means everything is bare Oak and 2 coats of Osmo

How much oil do those XL doors take ..? I may have about 10 to do ... did you buy the Osmo brushes..? Looks really good. 

52 minutes ago, PeterW said:

How much oil do those XL doors take ..? I may have about 10 to do ... did you buy the Osmo brushes..? Looks really good. 

We have done 11 doors and the door frames and arcs, 2 coats each and just started on the 4th litre of Osmo.  I expect that 4th litre to finish all the skirtings.  Just using a standard paint brush, did not know there was something special.

Just finishing off this thread with some figures, since I was playing with the accounts today.

The total cost of all the oak that I bought was £456.49 which averages out at £41.49 per door.

Before you all say how cheap that was, this is only for the frames and door stop, not the architrave (that's about another £40 per door) and remember the basic carcase of the door frame for the upstairs doors was left over engineered floor planks so they were not costed.

• Sad 1