Stud finder

Pocster

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Again, look no further than Lidls Cepa Lebrel Rioja Reserva! Also highly recommend the 14.5% Pinotage.

Come to think of it I must be about 2 weeks dry. Haven't had caffeine for a week either. The headaches have pretty much subsided. 

Headaches subsided ? But so’s the grouting ??

13 hours ago, dpmiller said:

is the fact that there's no PB maybe confusing it?

@pocster, I think he's correct. 

The couple I have here have to have a "baseline" to start from which is when you place it on the wall and press the button on a bit of board with nothing behind. It has to stay in that plane which you do by keeping tight against the board. If you pull away from the board it cocks it up. You're undoubtedly doing that waving it around in free air.

Clamp a bit of board to your stud and have another go I would. Keep away from the clamp of course.

Edited by Onoff

6 hours ago, Onoff said:

@pocster, I think he's correct. 

The couple I have here have to have a "baseline" to start from which is when you place it on the wall and press the button on a bit of board with nothing behind. It has to stay in that plane which you do by keeping tight against the board. If you pull away from the board it cocks it up. You're undoubtedly doing that waving it around in free air.

Clamp a bit of board to your stud and have another go I would. Keep away from the clamp of course.

Yeah I did do exactly this first of all .

Shoukd of videod that really .

Anyway the 2 sent back ...

1. take a hammer, gently tap wall until note changes, take 1 nail approx 50mm wire, hit nail gently into wall where you think stud is. if it doesnt hit timber move nail to side where stud is thought to be, repeat previous step until stud found.

2. to other side of stud repeat above until edge is found, mark midddle of stud.

3. repeat as necessary along wall.

costs - minimal, accuracy - quite high.

works on pipes and cables but results are more interesting.?

• Haha 2