Outside Pool That The Dogs Can Use

I am a very indulgent mum to 2 dogs.  Where we currently live, in the winter we take them to a doggy swimming pool.  Where we are going to build our new house there is nothing like this.  I am wondering whether anyone has built a garden pool that their dogs use and if so what materials they used.  

Several people I know put temporary above ground pools up in their gardens for their dogs in summer. They tend to remove them in the winter as it’s too cold but a handful set them up in a garage and heat them. 

E21029F9-F876-41F1-B649-BDE610E4D287.jpeg.6c2300ddbad10db3ef547726c69e1580.jpeg17D34554-A9DA-4633-9379-A2F511046129.thumb.jpeg.6482c6eba245f985607cd4a82f850dab.jpeg947F996D-293C-4EB8-BA7F-820752BEEF3A.thumb.jpeg.ede47434592e32dc9c240bbc59f2e8a8.jpeg

And when it’s dismantled the dogs are like, WTF ?

FD510F27-048D-41FE-BF96-E14CAD2788AA.jpeg

We have an overground pool that the fish lived in when we first moved in here.  The fish have now moved into their lovely large pond but I’m working on the OH to set it up every spring and build some staging round it and a ramp inside so that me and the doods can wallow when it’s too hot. We already have an outside dog shower for them so they can be clean before they get in.

52 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Were you not worried about getting the digger stuck in there?  Look on you Tube to find them sunk without a trace.

Nope been there done that. 

Machine is sitting on a set of BOG MATTS large wooden planks used in construction projects used to spread the weight of cranes and things. 

A few years ago I was digging out one side of my pond...... somone local had a 1 ton mini digger and I got a shot on it. It was way to small for the job but I made it work... due to the short boom I had to do all the work from inside the pond....... I used a lot of pallets at my “bog matts” to prevent the obvious disasters but it was still  a bit unnerving as the water was so muddy and the pallets kept slipping on each other......   got the job done and luckily this year we had a drought and I was able to borrow another far to small digger to dig out the other side in relative stable conditions !  I’m glad I did not take a photo during the work but as we all love pics this is of it finished. I dug out the lhs a few years ago and the rhs this summer. 

9E6228F3-BD2B-4A64-9C31-2C9D67162B47.jpeg