Waterproof LED Strip Lights

Onoff

Looking at these "new fangled" (to me at least) 12V waterproof LED gel strip lights that you cut to length, for the long alcove alongside the bath, the multi coloured type with the remote control. I've a cunning plan for effective, ambient back lighting that won't be in your face glaring whilst lying in the bath.

Anyone got any recommendations? I was looking at this supplier from the plethora on eBay. Planning to extend and take the cabling up into the loft and use my own transformer. 

Might look to light the shower alcoves too - TBA.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1M-2M-3M-4M-5M-5050-IP65-RGB-SMD-LED-Strip-44-Keys-Remote-Controller-Connector-/291361247328?var=&hash=item43d67bd060:m:mgP1Dg-izAkZ0uFI-8ytNDA

And can you get spare remotes as I can see one "going swimming"? Guessing if I ordered two sets then one remote would control all which I could live with happily. Where, btw is the sensor for the remote?

Cheers

(This from a man who's only ever really fitted "proper" downlighters, trannies and florries! xD)

See the white box in the photo, 2 leads coming out of it, 1 plugs in to the strip, the other has about 2 inches of cable and a the sensor on the end of it. 

You can see the sensor in the photo just above the coiled up transformer lead. 

Basically youll need need that control box maximum of 2 inches away from the sensor, unless you use an infrared repeater I suppose? I too want to use these in my shower alcoves, but you are way ahead of me so will have to solve all these problems long before me :)

37 minutes ago, Grosey said:

but you are way ahead of me

xD PMSL!

Only been at the bathroom 18 months! Just pulled a bit of the PIR out and am running a length of flexible conduit down. Knew these old clips would come in handy one day if I kept them long enough!

20160818_200201.jpg

20160818_200220.jpg