Short length of 51mm x 114mm oval?

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum having purchased everything for a MHRV system. I'll be posting more in the next few days and weeks no doubt as the installation begins!

BPC have done my design and supplied the pipework etc., and I have sourced the MHRV unit elsewhere (Vent Axia Kinetic BH).

Only issue is, I have a insulated flat roof in 1 room and I am not going to be able to get the 75mm round pipe, with insulation, through (Need insulation as it will need to run on the cold side).

Wondering what the chances are of any members having a 3 - 4m offcut of  51mm x 114mm oval left after their install, that I could buy?  I certainly don't want to buy a 20m roll as it will be mostly wasted and seems to cost a fortune.

I'll then source an oval entry plenum.

Any help MUCH appreciated :)

Tim

Hi Tim. 

If it's the semi-rigid stuff you are on about I might have some Ubbink AE35SC (100x55)still left at site. Will try and get down there tomorrow and have a look see (we had a waste management company clear the site a couple of weeks ago, and most offcuts were taken then... But I remember seeing some oval in the basement the other day). 

If I do, it'll only be 3m or thereabouts - are you sure that's enough? 

Neil. 

11 hours ago, Nelliekins said:

Hi Tim. 

If it's the semi-rigid stuff you are on about I might have some Ubbink AE35SC (100x55)still left at site. Will try and get down there tomorrow and have a look see (we had a waste management company clear the site a couple of weeks ago, and most offcuts were taken then... But I remember seeing some oval in the basement the other day). 

If I do, it'll only be 3m or thereabouts - are you sure that's enough? 

Neil. 

Perfect, thanks!  Yes 3m would be enough, as that will get me from the plenum, along the flat roof area, and into the main loft where I will convert back to 75mm round.

Cheers

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2019 at 20:47, Nelliekins said:

Hi Tim. 

Apologies it has taken so long to get back to you - my Dad just passed away and I am running around like a blue-arsed fly at the moment! 

If you still want it, it's yours... Just about 4m in fact... 

IMG_20190228_204654.thumb.jpg.38364747940cc176f78aa583d95a55f8.jpgIMG_20190228_204705.thumb.jpg.e25497f982c17ca14aefbf1dd96028a6.jpg

So sorry to hear that.  Don't worry yourself about this, we can pick it up again in a few days :)

Cheers

Tim

On 01/03/2019 at 23:00, Nelliekins said:

Thanks Tim. It's fine though - I am better with things to keep me busy! 

As I say, it's yours if you want it... But I suspect that unless you're collecting, it will be a pallet delivery because of the sheer size... 

Thoughts? 

Hummmm, yes postage may be an issue!  Pallet charges to Jersey are huge, around £100.

I'll do some research and see if I can find a better deal for a basically 5kg pallet!

Which part of the country are you in, as we do get some people who advertise they are taking a van to a particular place and sell space on the return.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim. 

We are in Chorley in Lancashire. Could probably get it to Bristol without too much effort... 

The ducting does fold over on itself without damaging, so might be able to get it in a 1m * 0.3m * 0.3m parcel... 

Want me to try and box it up? 

Neil. 

This is looking unlikely to work, ParcelForce is about the only cost effective option, but it says its too big for all services!  Craziness and I'm sure I've received similar sizes before.....

I'll persevere, but don't waste any time at this stage please packaging anything, in case I cannot get anything sorted.

Many thanks

Tim