Mini Pump Station

pauldoc

I have a situation where unfortunately it looks like a need a mini pump station. The utility room sits lower than the main building due to a sloping site.

It will contain a toilet and washing machine. These will have to be pumped to the treatment plant

The main house drainage will run directly to the treatment plant. Its not ideal I know but not sure I have a choice.

Has anyone had to use one of these and recommend any? and what sort of price?

I have found 190 litre capacity ones for around 500-600 pounds.

Are you talking about draining to a holding tank with a dirty water pump?

I would consider a macerator. It fits at the back of the toilet and can also take a waste pipe in from the washing machine.  I would consider it a disposable item as I would not want to be trying to fix one if it stopped working.  I would also chose which toilet in the house to use for "solid matter" and reserve that one just for having a pee.

Friends of ours have a saniflow in the basement.  It's shared by a toilet and washing machine.  The continuous flow of the washing machine means that the internal works of the saniflow are kept very clean.  

42 minutes ago, jack said:

Friends of ours have a saniflow in the basement.  It's shared by a toilet and washing machine.  The continuous flow of the washing machine means that the internal works of the saniflow are kept very clean.  

just looking quickly online, I cant see one that specifies they do a combined wc and washing machine. I can see ones that do one or the other or wc and shower

One other idea I had, which Im not sure is allowed...

I have an existing septic tank that would allow the run 'down' from the utility. Can I connect to this for just the utility and connect the rest of the new house on the new treatment plant?

Second one - no !

First one, Stuart Turner do one that takes WC and shower - a Washing Machine would be equivalent to that and if you drop them a message they will confirm it. 

http://www.anchorpumps.com/pump-type/domestic-macerator-wastewater-sanitary-pump-sets/stuart-turner-wasteflo-sanitary-pumps/stuart-turner-wasteflo-wc4c-slim-domestic-sanitary-macerator-pump-for-en-suite-or-toilet-shower-hand-wash-basin-and-bidet-46653

I thnik that Saniflo are OK; Stuart Turner pumps also have a good reputation.

As to pumping uphill, I think you need to work out your height gain and ask their technical people.

Macerators are not a place to cut too many corners :-).

F

Edited by Ferdinand

2 hours ago, pauldoc said:

thanks I will give them a call

that was a definite no to the second question Peter! is it against regs? (not wanting to sound daft!)

As someone else mentioned, running a washing machine into a macerator keeps it nice and clean. 

BC would have something to say about reusing the septic as it would need to be tested etc on the drain test. Macerators can take water from a full bore shower and they are designed for this sort of stuff. 

13 hours ago, Mikey_1980 said:

We have reused our old septic tank, BC raised no issues with or asked for any test on the septic tank, I had one done anyway but they said there was no need for it.

was your project a new build/replacement building or extension?

Also do you know how old it was? what does the test consist of, was it expensive?

Our was a new build there was previously an old workshop on the site. Basically the guy came out shined a torch inside we had it empties prior, had a good look, put a CCTV camera in there, told us to fill it up with water came back 72 hours later and said it was fine for the size of the swelling and the soak ways looked clear. My father in law put it in but it was hardly every used, in fact there was hardly anything to empty out and nothing had ever made it to the soak a way level.