Power equipment with no wayleave or easement

As I am on here it is probably worth a further update.

Having had the draft easement through from SSEN we have been backwards and forwards a couple of times trying to address a number of issues with the standard template SSEN started with.  All of these now seem to be resolved with one significant exception.  The draft SSEN provided includes no timescale for them to do the work after I ask them to schedule it.  From my perspective this is crazy as it means I risk giving SSEN the easement and then finding they say they will do the work to put the cable underground in 2099.  Despite an acknowledgement of the point I am making SSEN have said they have never included a timescale in an easement and will not do so in my case.

The choice therefore becomes agree the easement with no timescale or revert to the legal route.  But during the Covid period it seems Necessary Wayleave hearings have not been taking place in anything like the normal volume, so it could be a very long time before we can get one scheduled and SSEN know this.  Not an easy decision.

• 1 month later...

Randomiser! Thank you for all your info on this! I am dealing with something similar at the moment and your comments here have been really helpful! Do you have, and would you be willing to share the breakdown of the first quote SSE gave you? I have been quoted an eye watering amount for some diversion works and after reading about others experiences and the about they paid,  I am starting to wonder if they just pick a figures off the top of their head. There doesn't seem to be any transparency in their pricing. Anyway, if you were willing to share the breakdown of their quote I could possibly make for interesting reading. I will put mine up if anyone is interested in knowing! 

HI Fridgehay, here is mine from electricity northwest. Although their apparatus is on our land we're not grid connected. Some of the apparatus is covered by an old expired wayleave, some of the apparatus isn't detailed in any wayleave agreement.

option 1 is for them to do all work, option 2 is for us to do the "contestable" work.

I hope that this helps, and I'd. also like to say thank you to Randomiser for your insight.

BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES (Option 1)

Non Contestable Charges

Connection Charges

Quantity

Charge

Assessment & Design Charges

£2,360.00

Legal - Ind/com Way/easement developer/3rd party

£700.00

Inspection Charges

£70.00

Connections – Construction Work

Underground

HV &/or LV Cable Installation

£687.32

Overhead

Ancillary Items

£480.35

Joints, Joint Holes & Terminations

£821.82

Sundry Equipment

£96.07

Reinforcements – Construction Work

Overhead

Ancillary Items

£1,356.44

Substation & Switchgear Installation

£2,118.99

Operational Work

£97.92

Sundry Equipment

£1,371.90

Total Non Contestable Charge

£10,160.81

Contestable Charges

Quantity

Charge

Underground

£1,001.75

Services

£3,833.93

Disconnections/Plant Removal

£1,096.05

Total Contestable Charge

£5,931.73

Option 1 Total Charge

£16,092.54

BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES (Option 2)

Non Contestable Charges

Connection Charges

Quantity

Charge

Assessment Charges

£1,740.00

Design Charges

£540.00

Legal - Ind/com Way/easement developer/3rd party

£700.00

Underground

£687.32

Overhead

Ancillary Items

£480.35

Joints, Joint Holes & Terminations

£821.82

Sundry Equipment

£96.07

Reinforcements – Construction Work

Overhead

Ancillary Items

£1,356.44

Substation & Switchgear Installation

£2,118.99

Operational Work

£97.92

Sundry Equipment

£1,371.90

Total Non Contestable Charge

£10,010.81

Option 2 Total Charge

£10,010.81

Description of the works

5500124216/D

The charges included are for the provision of a new or existing Electricity North West Pole Mounted Transformer (PMT) and associated infrastructure:

Only nominal costs for legal consents have been included  Installation of HV/LV infrastructure.
 Supply & Installation of a PMT.
 HV shutdown to commission substation.

Disconnection of existing service/s & infrastructure after new supply is energised.  Associated HV &/or LV reinforcement works.

The following details are based upon your application:
 Total load requirement of your connections is 48kVA and consists of:

Connection of two split phase domestic services, note project specification stats three phase this will be the same type of cable installation but it will be metered as a two live wire system.

Split Single phase Connection/s (21-40KVA)
1) The maximum standard split single-phase supply capacity shall be 40kVA (subject to availability).
2) For split single-phase supplies you will balance the load as best practicable over the two phases.
3) If it is your intention to use electric space heating please advise us of your load details if you have not included this information on your application.
4) For external metering (split single-phase) you will need to provide a suitable, secure and weatherproof housing to accommodate the incoming service connection and associated metering equipment to Electricity North West Limited Specification. You must provide a scaled drawing showing details of the housing. The location of this on the site must be agreed with us prior to the commencement of any construction works.
Alternatively you can purchase outside viewing boxes and ducting from Jewson's Building Supplies. Your local store can be found from the enclosed Jewson information sheet you will install them in accordance with the Asset Owners Specifications i.e. lower edge of box at 650mm (±150mm) above ground level. Note only Electricity North West Limited owned equipment can be installed within this cubicle.
5) The service position (split single-phase) must be sited on the internal face of an exterior wall and requires a wall space 1.00m high by 1.00m wide, at a height not less than 300mm and not more than 1.35m (in garages) above the floor level, with a 1.0m space in front for access.

Approval for the connection of HITACHI, Yutaki S Combi 6 HP R410A heat pumps in two domestic properties. Please provide information on the type of EV charger you intend to install with EN standards and harmonic information if required, there has been no specific EV charge modelled and this is based on voltage and termal rating only. This may cause a design change and incur extra cost.

ENWL to upgrade existing pole mounted transformer to split phase rated at 100kVA to provide this connection offer, site survey will deem if this pole is suitable for installation of a larger PMT.

ENWL to carry out excavation works 6 metres away from the pole and dig out joint hole to maintain existing service. Customer to carry out remaining excavation work to site pending providing proof of land ownership. Customer to also provide duct entry positions into the building or install outdoor viewing cabinets for service positions.

Our records show there is an existing single phase service in one of the dwellings, a disconnection cost has been included in this scheme, if this is not required costs will be refunded on project closure.