Perimeter insulation

vfrdave

I am in the throes of doing my insulation in the floor. Perimeter strips will be done around external walls. Is there any great benefit in doing this on the internal walls as well rather than just the foam strip?

Thanks in advance.

I did it on all my internal block walls .  It came in very handy when I had to run a TV aerial extension as my wife wanted to rearrange the living room.  Just peeled back the carpet and pushed the  cable into the  insulation and job was  covered over and worked a treat. 

13 minutes ago, A_L said:

@vfrdave, not unless there is a high thermal conductivity pathway (i.e. masonry) from the floor slab through the area insulation to a stub wall/footing

Ground bearing concrete subfloor so I guess the argument is there is a thermal conductivity pathway.

12 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

I did it on all my internal block walls .  It came in very handy when I had to run a TV aerial extension as my wife wanted to rearrange the living room.  Just peeled back the carpet and pushed the  cable into the  insulation and job was  covered over and worked a treat. 

That would indeed be handy. I am currently in the middle of pulling up the 100sqm of insulation laid yesterday as I discovered it is all seconds. Some boards were questionable and then I found out this morning why!

2 minutes ago, vfrdave said:

That would indeed be handy. I am currently in the middle of pulling up the 100sqm of insulation laid yesterday as I discovered it is all seconds. Some boards were questionable and then I found out this morning why!

I take you paid for brand new. 

1 hour ago, Declan52 said:

I take you paid for brand new. 

I did and was slatting the quality of some of the boards and I tipped over the edge and rang xtratherm and found out. To say red mist descended is an understatement. Mostly sorted now just offloaded the replacements. The small fact of man days has now been mentioned!

1 hour ago, vfrdave said:

I did and was slatting the quality of some of the boards and I tipped over the edge and rang xtratherm and found out. To say red mist descended is an understatement. Mostly sorted now just offloaded the replacements. The small fact of man days has now been mentioned!

That's a bit under hand.