Construction and SAPS

80BSY

18 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Is that per unit ..?? That’s only 3 panels in honest, would be nice if you went the GSE in roof route too as they actually work out nearly as cheap as tiles and look a lot nicer.

TBH I would use micro inverters on all of them - one per panel - and then run to each unit and forget about it. Quick, simple and only one isolator in each build. 

Yes, just the one on each. Just looked at the GSE in roof, and yes, that'd be perfect. They're on the front of the new flats, the velux windows are to the back, so it'd be ideal for them to look as nice as they can. Especially as whole place is done in clay tiles. 

For the cost - and if you have the space - I would put 6 panels on in 3x2. 

You can get a dual micro inverter that takes up to 600w, and that would give some baseline load for probably £2.5k all in. Offsetting the cost of the clays too will be significant.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

For the cost - and if you have the space - I would put 6 panels on in 3x2. 

You can get a dual micro inverter that takes up to 600w, and that would give some baseline load for probably £2.5k all in. Offsetting the cost of the clays too will be significant.  

I'd be happy with that. 

43 minutes ago, 80BSY said:

I'd be happy with that. 

Chat to Wagner

The APsystem micro inverters are good, as are the JA Solar panels. They do the IFRS in roof system so could probably sort the whole lot as a package, with the 3 pairs feeding the 3 flats.