Metal roofing tools

Russell griffiths

32 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Pre made panels, looking for 

decent tin snips, duckbill pliers, and anything you found good for bending bottom hems and other bits and pieces. 

decent tin snips 

my guess you might need 3 types --straight +l/h cut +r/h cut 

duck bill pliers --maybe panel gripping  shaped mole grips and remove the locking bar

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-5PC-TRADESMAN-TROWEL-SET-CONSTRUCTION-HAND-TOOLS-BUILDING-SOFT-GRIP-HANDLE/302969987144?hash=item468a6b2048:g:~LcAAOSwNYtb-D45:rk:11:pf:0

cheap i know --but can,t find duck bill on its own 

a site that does metal roofing tools 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRANKED-180-mm-DECK-SEAMING-PLIERS-TONGS-FOLDERS-ROOFING-TINSMITH/401701040496?hash=item5d873f7170:g:92cAAOSwK9ZcWJEb:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

goggle the world --someone has it somewhhere

Edited by scottishjohn

I think @scottishjohn you miss read my question, I can find loads of tools, that is not the problem

what I asked was what tools anybody had found useful when they did their roof

did they find that the left handed food whisk made purposely for stirring angel delight was the precise thing needed to form the left hand fold on the eaves over hang. 

Thats is what I’m after, I have loads of snips, just looking for something that was invaluable in the fitting of raised seam panels. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Did you look at the Kalzip type aluminium roof? Not for DIY but a very good product. They use a machine that they walk alongside and it zips the seams together.

Yep had a brief look, but the rental or purchase cost of the seeming tool is a bit off putting. 

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

I think @scottishjohn you miss read my question, I can find loads of tools, that is not the problem

did they find that the left handed food whisk made purposely for stirring angel delight was the precise thing needed to form the left hand fold on the eaves over hang. 

Thats is what I’m after, I have loads of snips, just looking for something that was invaluable in the fitting of raised seam panels. 

yep, you are right 

thought you just looking for correct tools 

Edited by scottishjohn

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

probably just experience .lol

Hi Russell

Sorry for the delay, only just seen your post.

For my Tata roof they supplied, 3 tools. Eaves closer, Stubai pliers and Flange mate.

I also bought left and right off set tin snips.

Best bit was Makita 136mm 30 tooth metal blade for circular saw, I cut all the panels with this.

Tata Tools..png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2019 at 09:29, JamesP said:

Hi Russell

Sorry for the delay, only just seen your post.

For my Tata roof they supplied, 3 tools. Eaves closer, Stubai pliers and Flange mate.

I also bought left and right off set tin snips.

Best bit was Makita 136mm 30 tooth metal blade for circular saw, I cut all the panels with this.

Tata Tools..png

8 hours ago, BNF said:

Hi

Can I ask how you like your TATA roof, and which one you went for, we are just researching different roofing options.  We are going for an industrial roof appearance.

Thanks

Hi there, very happy so far with the roof. I chose it because I could fit myself and it was within my budget. Lots of other options on the Forum here.

IMG_0969_(1).jpg