Natural Stone Veneer v Natural Stone v Fiber Cement

Ralph

Hi all, 

Does anyone have any thoughts on ballpark sqm cost or differences in skinning a timber frame in natural stone veneer compared to natural stone compared to fiber cement board?

All would be done by a contractor.

I realise this depends very much on the quality of the material but a steer would be welcome.

Cheers

Ralph

I'm using tier system on my build (timber frame). This is stone veneer on a backing board, and is applied with adhesive to builder board. The builder board goes onto battens, although I need to use counterbattens as well as the centres of the battens aren't at the right spacing for the board.

I sourced everything from Sydenhams after ringing around for prices; they wete by far the most competitive.

The standard panels were £ 51.05 sq m, corners were the same per linear metre, the adhesive was £21.9 per bag (44 needed for mine, 126 sq m in total area excl. corners) and the builder board was £36.24 per board (sorry, can't remember the size, but same as plasterboard).

Depending on which colour you want, lead times can vary enormously. Mine took nearly 2 months to arrive as it was on a slow boat from Vietnam.