Timber stain

Russell griffiths

evening. 

Im looking for recommendations for a timber stain, sealer, protection 

going on facia board so high shitty weather zone

happy to re do it every couple of years

i would like something that will soak in and protect the timber rather than a sit on top flake of type rubbish. 

Would be be happy with a stain for the colour, and then maybe a top coat for added protection. 

Anybody got any gooduns. 

I have used this combination on my oak seat that sits on top of a sea cliff and is fully exposed to the elements ! I applied it during the summer when it was bone dry and it has been bomb proof all winter, still looks as good as when it was first applied . I know it’s only one winter but the location is barbaric. The top coat is very flexable and seems a great solution to exposed timber that could and will move with the seasons. The wood protection/ stain can come in a veriaty of colours. 

FD794B69-E8F3-45D7-BD31-C45C7E970CED.jpeg

07F69F54-A148-4E83-BA2C-DE086D646BF8.jpeg

• Like 1

We used Sadolin Superdec Satin. Extensive range of colours but can also be ordered in any RAL colour. Painted our fascia/soffits in 7016 ordered from Buypaintsonline.co.uk and found them to be very reasonable on price and quick delivery. We painted ours close to 3 years ago now and still looks perfect.

• Like 1

3 coats of satin black Bedec barn paint on my gates (new, pine scaffold boards) and it looks as good as the day it was done. 

SAM_8558

I have NEVER seen a "paint" cover bare wood so well with just the first coat. 

Expensive though.  £50/5L from memory. Dries super quick between coats too.

https://bedec.co.uk/bedec_products/barn-paint/

• Like 1