Neighbourhood consultation scheme

Big Jimbo

Has anybody heard if the Government is intending to extend the neighbourhood consultation scheme ? ie, the old 4mt to 8mt depth for detached properties.  I can't find any info on it anywhere, and if i have to go down that route, i'm defo going to run out of time.

3 hours ago, Temp said:
  • The extension must be completed by 30 May 2019.

That's an issue a lot of people are facing, as they thought the application only had to be in by that date. It'll be interesting to see how the industry reacts to this, though if anything, Councils won't be glad that they have to have more formal applications coming through - most of them run a skeleton crew in the Planning Dept as it is ? Every one that I speak to quietly complains about the turnover of staff and the under staffing levels.

12 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Has anybody heard if the Government is intending to extend the neighbourhood consultation scheme ? ie, the old 4mt to 8mt depth for detached properties.  I can't find any info on it anywhere, and if i have to go down that route, i'm defo going to run out of time.

I've not heard about any extension yet. Depending on your budget and looking on the bright side, it will 'only' involve a cost of around £236'ish in fees and in theory you've got some drawings already. Then there's the longer determination of around 6-8 weeks, though some councils are having a hard time achieving that (I can only speak for outer London and the South East).

• Like 1

On 07/02/2019 at 21:32, bikerchris said:

I've not heard about any extension yet. Depending on your budget and looking on the bright side, it will 'only' involve a cost of around £236'ish in fees and in theory you've got some drawings already. Then there's the longer determination of around 6-8 weeks, though some councils are having a hard time achieving that (I can only speak for outer London and the South East).

The old planning dept won't welcome me back any time soon, but that's another story.