Plasterboard - What to use where?

Triassic

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I think if you catch Wickes with all their discounts lined up, and use a Reloadable Cash Card e.g. From your employer or Westfield Rewards, you may beat that by 5-10%, but you would need to wait for the day. I am not sure if they still do a standard bulk 5 for 4 type discount on plasterboard, however,

Consists of £7.20 base price for 8x4 12.5mm

10% off for Trade Account.

5 for 4 if they still do this, and I have not bought plasterboard recently enough to have seen it 

5% extra for Trade Customers via the newsletter e.g. There was one last week

10% off for the reloadable cash card.

They may have deals for the monthly offer, Half Term or Easter.

Ferdinand

Unfortunately there’s no Wickes near us! We only have B&Q and they are completely hopeless.

Any other suggestions for discout 15mm plasterboard ???

9 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Whilst we are talking plasterboard, does anybody. Backblock their joins, you know the side joins that don’t fall on a timber. 

I nog all unsupported edges. Might go 15mm board on next project and not bother next time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Triassic said:

Unfortunately there’s no Wickes near us! We only have B&Q and they are completely hopeless.

Any other suggestions for discout 15mm plasterboard ???

Sorry, no.

On Wickes as above they would deliver, but you would need to order instore to use the cashcard. I see that you are Carlisle or Lancaster for the nearest.

Edited by Ferdinand

If you’re after full loads @Triassic then find a CCF. Part of the TP group and just do board etc. I was surprised at how well they priced a job - was within same ballpark of local merchant but difference was it was all offloaded with a Mounty and put exactly where it was needed rather than having to hand ball lots of board and insulation. 

• Like 1