Fire egress regs applicable to a garage store room.

epsilonGreedy

Before I submit a plan to vary the approved designed of my garage I need to check if my revision would fall foul of fire egress regulations.

The garage is detached, single story with masonry walls 7.2m x 5.6m. There is also an attached storeroom which looks like a brick built lean-to along one 5.6m wall. The store room has an external door and currently no internal opening to the main garage.

My plan revision involves replacing the external door with an internal door opening into the interior of the garage vehicle parking area. Would this change transgress fire egress regs? I am hoping that a small store (9ft x 7ft 8" internal) falls below the threshold of a habitable room. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Will the room have no window? Even if the regs do not apply I would not be happy to have no way out other than past the car. You may be working on the car in the winter with the garage door closed.

No window planned though I take your point. This brick lean-to shed is really an architectural feature to break up the basic garage rectangle in a sensitive rural spot and is under a cat-side roof, 1/3 of the floor space will not have full standing headroom so I was viewing it as store room with lots of shelves or a possible sauna.

As part of the planning revision I was going to extend the store's cat-side roof by one rafter to create an external overhang for covered bin storage and a log store.