Plasterboard or Aquaboard?

For the walls of the shower area, I planned to use aquaboards then apply tanking (Aquaseal waterproof tanking system) (https://www.bcprofiles.co.uk/aquaseal-wet-room-system-4-5m2-kit/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3oHZyumk4AIVy7vtCh0FsgOqEAQYASABEgL0afD_BwE) . The shower tray will be set against the tanked walls using @Nickfromwales special method as on several other posts before tiling the walls.

Do I need special waterproof plasterboard and if so, recommendations please?  If not, can I use the cheaper green ones and just tank them well? 

thanks.

so it looks like either;

use green plasterboard and tank or

use hardie or similar cement fibre baord and dont bother tanking. 

I think I'll got for the second option so I dont have to learn how to tank the room.  I do recall @Nickfromwales saying its not as easy as it looks.

thanks for all the advice.  I'm sure I'll be back with more soon.??

Moister boards are fine 

Hardy backer is outdated 

gypsum backer out performs both 

and cuts like plasterboard 

They are yellow in colour Bit pricey at £16 for a 2,4 x 1.2 sheet 

Graet to tile onto No need to seal 

Easy to handle also 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nod said:

gypsum backer out performs both 

and cuts like plasterboard 

They are yellow in colour Bit pricey at £16 for a 2,4 x 1.2 sheet 

Graet to tile onto No need to seal 

Easy to handle also 

What exactly do I ask for in the shop?  and can I get them at any old BM? 

Most will order the boards in 

But if you have a ring round 

Someone May have a part pack 

in stock 

If you ask for gypsum backer boards 

They are bright yellow in colour 

Hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

Pictures to follow as we get started on it.  shower is ordered, looking at shower trays now.  will use plywood, glued and screwed on top of the chipboard floor, then the tray, with flexi tile adhesive, using @Nickfromwales's CT1 method of securing.  then I shall start thinking about the tiles.  I'm hoping it doesnt take as long as another bathroom renovation on this site......??

1 hour ago, TheMitchells said:

Pictures to follow as we get started on it.  shower is ordered, looking at shower trays now.  will use plywood, glued and screwed on top of the chipboard floor, then the tray, with flexi tile adhesive, using @Nickfromwales's CT1 method of securing.  then I shall start thinking about the tiles.  I'm hoping it doesnt take as long as another bathroom renovation on this site......??

Clocks ticking ??

12 hours ago, CC45 said:

this is what I've used.  No complaints about it at all.  Takes screws no prob.

saw this at our BM and also their aquaboard - wasnt yellow so not sure if its the one recommended here.  but Moistsure looked okay and was a little cheaper than the aquaboard. will get one or the other once I have decided on the tiles. 

Just to add to the decision making - I have been looking at those wall panels.  that would be much less work for me; (I tile, he fixes wall panels....) but I'm not sure about their look.  will have to take another look and make my mind up - tiles or boards.  I know there are several fans of them here.