Garage Boiler Room with DHT Setup

Our_Valleys_build

has anyone got any pictures of setups and tank sizes or what id be needing to facilitate for a 4 bedroom dormer bungalow 1 main bathroom with bath, shower, sink , 2 en suits with showers, 1 downstairs toilet. utility room.. and UFH downstairs throughout on ground floor only which will be supplied from a manifold..and rads up stairs

im planning on running boiler and feeds from the basment garage bellow? save on space in the house.. and give me a nice little drying room in the garage :)

Edited by Our_Valleys_build

2 hours ago, Our_Valleys_build said:

has anyone got any pictures of setups and tank sizes or what id be needing to facilitate for a 4 bedroom dormer bungalow 1 main bathroom with bath, shower, sink , 2 en suits with showers, 1 downstairs toilet. utility room.. and UFH downstairs throughout on ground floor only which will be supplied from a manifold..and rads up stairs

im planning on running boiler and feeds from the basment garage bellow? save on space in the house.. and give me a nice little drying room in the garage :)

A9D65655-29A6-4166-94BD-834D9BCD5F75.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nod said:

A9D65655-29A6-4166-94BD-834D9BCD5F75.jpeg

We have switched the UFH off in there 

With the door shut it reaches 26 most days 

my wife puts her washing in there in the morning and it’s bone dry by mid afternoon 

4 hours ago, nod said:

We have switched the UFH off in there 

With the door shut it reaches 26 most days 

my wife puts her washing in there in the morning and it’s bone dry by mid afternoon 

You mean "our" washing surely? :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Our_Valleys_build said:

How many showers running at the same time? What's your cold mains like? ( static pressure and litres per minute flow rate ). 

On 01/02/2019 at 21:55, Nickfromwales said:

How many showers running at the same time? What's your cold mains like? ( static pressure and litres per minute flow rate ). 

Not sure yet as we’ve not run the main in but Im going to install a 32mm main to the house. 

Probs a bath and a shower at worst with the uhf on and rads on upstairs middle of winter say. 

The boiler is a Greenstar 30i 

cylinder is 250 litres 

Will run all three bathrooms and UFH Quite comfortably  

Not sure about the upstairs heating as we have not needed it on since moving in 

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2019 at 20:25, Our_Valleys_build said:

what boiler are you running and what’s the max capacity of that system for supplying hot water for heating and showers etc. 

Separate your heating and hot water ‘thinking’ as they’re two very different things. 

The boiler will be able to do both heating and hot water ( re-heating the hot water cylinder) with ease, even with a kW rating as low as 14-18kW. That 30kW boiler in @nod‘s is very big but will be able to reheat the cylinder a bit quicker. 

Its the kW rating of the coil inside the cylinder that decides how you convey heat from the boiler ( primary ) circuit to useful hot water though, and you can have for eg a 60kW boiler and a 10kW coil and still be waiting as only 10kW will be conveyed at any one time. 

Not so simple a question so needs a little more understanding so you can ask the right questions ;)  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Separate your heating and hot water ‘thinking’ as they’re two very different things. 

The boiler will be able to do both heating and hot water ( re-heating the hot water cylinder) with ease, even with a kW rating as low as 14-18kW. That 30kW boiler in @nod‘s is very big but will be able to reheat the cylinder a bit quicker. 

Its the kW rating of the coil inside the cylinder that decides how you convey heat from the boiler ( primary ) circuit to useful hot water though, and you can have for eg a 60kW boiler and a 10kW coil and still be waiting as only 10kW will be conveyed at any one time. 

Not so simple a question so needs a little more understanding so you can ask the right questions ;)  

okay i understand, this is all a bit new to me. so would i need an unvente tank for domestic hot water then a seperate tank for heating? ive been advised that the boiler i would need would be a boiler that makes into the tank. im not sure wether the heating is taken from the tank then or is still supplied from the boiler it self.

a basic guide would be good when dealing with Unvented tank systems so i can get my head around it.. thanks :)

Edited by Our_Valleys_build