What type of boarding above rafters

Moonshine

9 hours ago, Thedreamer said:

Did you see the video? Are those bits that get lifted in, like SIPS panels but in a roof?

Yes I guess they must be some form of SIP panel. The interesting thing is that it is not a continuous panel the full length of the roof, an off thin panel was added at the top.

But for the point of this discussion id does appear to have a (probably OSB) sarking layer on top.

• Like 1

the 20  houses built next to my current house.

making a small scheme  -built in about 1992 by robison &davison 

locally know as R&D 

or rough and dangerous 

they were all built with english type roof ,no sarking boards ,so there must be a loop hole somewhere or SE has assured planning that they will take wind loads ??

so yes its not a new thing houses being built by the bigger builders not using sarking board roofs in scotland 

I suppose it could be a balancing cost factor between   more skinner trusses +sarking and   thicker ones and no sarking 

I doubt it will be a wind loading factor that sways big builders  on which way to build 

Edited by scottishjohn

once i get to a plan ,that is one thing I will try to quantify .both on cost +insulation value 

difference between sips panels and fully trussed roof and all the insulation etc .

and then non sarking type roof as an option as well 

roof on in a day is very attractive part of the sips choice