Fitting A Wall Hung WC

Onoff

This is what he has at present:

IMG-20190528-WA0010.thumb.jpg.e14f0b9bdf440c95e5c15fef50f276fc.jpg

I've suggested he move the basin to the left for start. He might then build a dwarf wall out of 6"x2" to mount the Geberit frame in, likely bringing the WC position left as well, away from the radiator. Guessing you must nigh on burn your leg sitting on the throne here!

I'm thinking he could use a 100mm offset adapter instead of the Geberit one and just twist it a little if he's bringing everything to the left? Might actually be better, giving leeway to adjust. This Amazon one seems bang onto cope with the pan 100mm stub to the 110mm soil.

Biggest issue is the he isn't ME! He doesn't live close and whilst I'd relish the job I'm worried it'll be too much for him.

Screenshot_20190529-052053_Chrome.thumb.jpg.934a185d3e675f2e7939aa531f22fc44.jpg

Screenshot_20190529-052107_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8f0b09ba3765b7b2f8c55c9230e9431e.jpg

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

I'm thinking he could use a 100mm offset adapter instead of the Geberit one and just twist it a little if he's bringing everything to the left? Might actually be better, giving leeway to adjust. This Amazon one seems bang onto cope with the pan 100mm stub to the 110mm soil.

He won’t need to use the adapter - Geberit frame comes with a 90 bend so just a standard short radius elbow onto the wall and then drop the Geberit connector into it. 

Looks like that bathroom needs a complete strip back to bare walls and start again .... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PeterW said:

He won’t need to use the adapter - Geberit frame comes with a 90 bend so just a standard short radius elbow onto the wall and then drop the Geberit connector into it. 

Looks like that bathroom needs a complete strip back to bare walls and start again .... 

Thanks! Not sure if that assembly will put him too far left even if cut down but I'll look at it. Can try with one of my spare frames.

Yep, it's that bathroom I showed in another thread.

On 29/05/2019 at 07:55, PeterW said:

Peter is this what you mean? (Mocked up in my garden against the house wall). Black fittings come with the Geberit frame. Elbow a random soil one:

20190530_180923

To my mind this'll push the Geberit frame too far out. Though you said a short radius elbow, guessing this isn't?

Minimum I reckon it would shift everything left by about a hand's span:

20190530_181026

Edited by Onoff

1 minute ago, dpmiller said:

90deg pan connector instead of the adaptor and elbow?

You can’t with a framed WC. You need the black long pan connector @Onoff shows which gets you clear of the wall and out to the pan outlet. With a bent pan connector you’d finish flush ( lol ) to the wall but also too high as you’d be resting on the metal bar of the frame that the Geberit black bit clips to. 

52 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Peter is this what you mean? (Mocked up in my garden against the house wall). Black fittings come with the Geberit frame. Elbow a random soil one:

To my mind this'll push the Geberit frame too far out. Though you said a short radius elbow, guessing this isn't?

Minimum I reckon it would shift everything left by about a hand's span:

Yup. You can cut the black Gebetit 90o bend to any length as long as it still seats fully into the 90mm x 110mm adaptor. ?

Robust and in line with the frame MI’s. 

27 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You can’t with a framed WC. You need the black long pan connector @Onoff shows which gets you clear of the wall and out to the pan outlet. With a bent pan connector you’d finish flush ( lol ) to the wall but also too high as you’d be resting on the metal bar of the frame that the Geberit black bit clips to. 

no, I was thinking of *with* the Geberit long elbow but without the reducer and Clive's brown elbow, using a bent pan connector to convert it to 4" and turn it towards the wall at the same time.

1 minute ago, dpmiller said:

no, I was thinking of *with* the Geberit long elbow but without the reducer and Clive's brown elbow, using a bent pan connector to convert it to 4" and turn it towards the wall at the same time.

Not a favoured solution tbh. 

Are you saying push a bent pan connector into the existing soil where it exits the wall, leaving the open mouth of the bent pan connector to accept the Geberit bent connector? 

3 bottles of Fursty Ferret in btw. ?

Baby steps ok ;) 

22 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

So you're suggesting.....

One of these shoved into the 110mm pipe coming out of the wall:

ae235.jpeg.cfbfa536c52e57cee79c96d90d6490d0.jpeg

Then the Geberit long elbow shoved into it?

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

yup. Dunno if Nick thinks it's a plan, but if you're trying to limit the offset to left?

Seems a good shout to me. I really like that (i) it's cheap ?and (ii) more so, that it keeps everything closer to the wall, closer in fact than the short radius elbow. Hoping to build the dwarf wall from 145x45, Eased Four Edge Treated Carcassing.

I feel for the lad doing it...if he does go ahead. I'll have a crack at ANY discipline & generally have the tools. Just hoping he's not over reaching himself. Tbh he'd be best joining the forum but isn't the sort. Lives in North London, Congestion Charge, ULEZ etc. I won't be going round there!

I might mock something up tonight / at the weekend with one of my spare Geberit frames against a wall with a bit of 110mm soil pipe gaffer taped to the wall at the same height his is.

So...   @dpmiller's idea, one of these:

2019-05-31_07-44-02

Pretend the brown soil is coming out of my mates wall:

20190531_191729

Should end up with a lateral movement left about 180mm if everything is cut back to the minimum:

20190531_191746

Just got to dig the Geberit frame out and see if it all works!

But is this black Geberit pipe to the white rubber seal good enough?

20190531_191851

20190531_191839

27 minutes ago, Onoff said:

But is this black Geberit pipe to the white rubber seal good enough?

Will the 80 x 110 Geberit adaptor fit into the ( lubed-up first ) bent pan connector?

That is a slack junction otherwise and not something I’d do unless there was ABSOLUTELY no other choice. 

33 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Will the 80 x 110 Geberit adaptor fit into the ( lubed-up first ) bent pan connector?

That is a slack junction otherwise and not something I’d do unless there was ABSOLUTELY no other choice. 

Certainly does, toit loik a toiger!

2019-05-31_08-53-35

So the multi, rubber flanged "male" on the bent pan connector is fine to go inside the 110 soil pipe coming out of the wall?

Edited by Onoff

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

So the multi, rubber flanged "male" on the bent pan connector is fine to go inside the 110 soil pipe coming out of the wall?

Yup.

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Certainly does, toit loik a toiger!

That's 100 times better than going in slack and no means of centralising the internal 'bores'. 

"PROCEED!"

• Like 1

This all looks very doable!

Mocked up his soil pipe position on my wall:

20190531_211231

Set one of my frames yo put the poo pipe centre at 240mm off the floor, same as mine:

20190531_212058

Then cut 4" off the Geberit 90deg piece so the mouth of the bent pan connector fits inside the frame:

20190531_220253

Overall it'll put the face of the blue frame about 180mm from the wall, if I trim the soil pipe and soil pan connector pipes back. (The Geberit instructions say 170mm).

20190531_220320

20190531_220338

1 hour ago, Oz07 said:

It was light when you started and dark when you finished. No good on a summer Friday!

It was an impulse thing to escape a house full of my daughters friends, well just 3 but it felt like more! Plus I was two beers in. 

I video called my mate on WhatsApp to show / explain. I personally found the Geberit instructions (WC, flush plate, wall drain) a bit daunting when I first saw them what with all the permutations. The fact they mix mm & cm on the same drawing is still weird to me but once you're used to them you can't help at marvel at the good design. There's nothing unnecessary and it just works.

Sacrificed my Geberit pipe by taking the 4" off and spent a fiver on the pan connector. He'll I'm sure reimburse me and swap for the new fitting from his kit. He's likely going to do a dwarf wall out of 6x2 as he's a big fat lad, 20 stone plus. 

Keen to raise the seat height a little from it's current 400mm too. I joked it's so his ar$e cheeks no longer hit the floor...