Sanding floors

Invader75

Hi,

We're currently decorating and plan to re sand our bedroom. Floorboards have been sanded a long time a go but they're a bit knackered now so need re doing. My question is, which order do you do it. Sand, cover, paint room, varnish? Or, paint room, sand, varnish. 

Cheers

Have used the same thing tennents suggested + a smaller orbital one for the edges. Works great but is VERY dusty so factor that in. Think I did it after painting the room as per your suggestion so I wasn't precious about the odd paint drip landing on the floor.

Edited by LeeVanCleef

4 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Have used the same thing tennents suggested + a smaller orbital one for the edges. Works great but is VERY dusty so factor that in. Think I did it after painting the room as per your suggestion so I wasn't previous about the odd paint drip landing on the floor.

Thanks. So it still kicks up quite a bit of dust even though it's got a bag?

2 hours ago, bassanclan said:

Sand first, (floors and then any fillong and sanding of the walls) then get all the dust out before painting celing, then walls and floor.

That’s how I did it. But DONT fo what I did..... being a tight bar steward I emptied the bag to reuse it...... it burst half  filled and in the huge dust cloud I ran over the power cable.......  

21 hours ago, Cpd said:

That’s how I did it. But DONT fo what I did..... being a tight bar steward I emptied the bag to reuse it...... it burst half  filled and in the huge dust cloud I ran over the power cable.......  

I shouldn't laugh! ? It's exactly the type of thing I would do.