Diy underfloor heating, supplier

Russell griffiths

33 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

G,day

looking for a supplier for our underfloor heating

design, pipe, manifold, pipe clips and any other bits you think I need. 

Cheers peeps. 

Warm up will supply and design

Pretty easy to deal with also

• Like 1

Whilst a couple of people have shopped around for bits to save a few quid, I know of a number of issues where one or two pieces haven’t worked and it’s difficult to get to the root cause of the issue. For the sake of £100 or so which is normally the difference, buy all the manifold components - that’s manifolds, blenders, actuators, pumps etc from the same supplier as you have one throat to choke. 

Pex pipe is standardised so you can get that pretty much anywhere. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Is this prowarm pipe a deluxe option or does the commodity stuff have the same cross section?

fo-water.jpg

All the PEX/Al/PEX and PERT/AL/PERT stuff has the same build up - a pair of plastic pipes bonded to an aluminium layer. It’s all 16x2 which is near enough a 1mm plastic sandwich either side of a layer of aluminum foil a few microns thick to create the oxygen impermeable layer. 

Target prices are around 42-45p/m ex VAT if you shop around. 

• Like 1

I've had positive outcomes dealing with both PSW Trade and Heating-Instal. You'll find them both on Ebay and elsewhere and they are very competitive. I've also chanced buying some pipe from one of the Chinese shopfronts on Ebay, it arrived quickly and is (most likely) the same product everyone else is flogging anyway...

• Like 2