Combining in-roof Pv with roof lights

Nick1c

Our house has a 2 X 11 strip of Pv panels (17) & roof lights (5) drawn on the plans. None of the roof lights are next to each other. If possible it would make sense to use in-roof Pv as it would save slates and look cleaner but I can't imagine how the flashing would work. I know it is possible to have either Pv panels or roof lights linked together, but haven't seen them combined - has anyone come across anything that would work? 

It'd be pretty easy to just use lead flashing to make the joint between window and PV tray watertight, or one of the non-lead flashing products, like the stuff the the in-roof trays use for awkward junctions, like panels that are stepped.  I've a feeling that one of the in-roof PV tray manufacturers may have a video showing how to make a junction like this neatly.  I can't remember where I saw it, but I'll try and find it again.  I can't see why just fitting the standard tray edge flashing under the window flashing wouldn't work, as that works with slates or tiles OK.

Thank you.

If it is being used with slates or tiles the vertical element of the flashing is covered by the horizontally orientated remainder of the roof covering. If the join is flashing to flashing (& close enough for the different panels to appear evenly spaced) wouldn't making he joint weathertight be problematic (we are in an exposed coastal location)?

1 minute ago, Nick1c said:

Thank you.

If it is being used with slates or tiles the vertical element of the flashing is covered by the horizontally orientated remainder of the roof covering. If the join is flashing to flashing (& close enough for the different panels to appear evenly spaced) wouldn't making he joint weathertight be problematic (we are in an exposed coastal location)?

Looks like @Alexphd1 has found the solution that I'm sure I've seen a video of, which looks to be a perfect solution to me.

• 1 month later...