Wet room over Wunda EPS Overfloor.

JamesP

Advice needed please.

Have a  22mm Caberdek on the first floor and plan to have a Wet room bathroom with UFH and a waterproof concrete floor.

No UFH under the shower former at the moment.

Is it possible to put a 20 -30mm screed on top of Wunda EPS with a Impey waterguard membrane between the two. 

Any info would be much appreciated.

Edited by JamesP

1 hour ago, JamesP said:

Advice needed please.

Have a  22mm Caberdek on the first floor and plan to have a Wet room bathroom with UFH and a waterproof concrete floor.

No UFH under the shower former at the moment.

Is it possible to put a 20 -30mm screed on top of Wunda EPS with a Impey waterguard membrane between the two. 

Any info would be much appreciated.

That’s pushing your luck imo. A screed at that thickness will need to be bonded with a very good primer. If I was doing a Wetroom former ‘hand-crafted’ then I would be using a flexible tile adhesive to bench it all in. ( just so happens that the next en-suite will be receiving a bespoke 900mm x 2700mm Wetroom walk-in shower test made from scratch by yours truly ). Wish me luck. ??

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

That’s pushing your luck imo. A screed at that thickness will need to be bonded with a very good primer. If I was doing a Wetroom former ‘hand-crafted’ then I would be using a flexible tile adhesive to bench it all in. ( just so happens that the next en-suite will be receiving a bespoke 900mm x 2700mm Wetroom walk-in shower test made from scratch by yours truly ). Wish me luck. ??

Thank you Nick, I hoped you would reply. I look forward seeing your results.