Underground soil connection for toilet

MikeGrahamT21

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of forward thinking for when the bathroom eventually gets ripped out again, previously i only replaced the rotten timbers which was the most important thing at the time.

Currently have an underground connection (rather than through wall) for the 110mm soil, with it being a 60's house this is a clay pipe, which current has a 110mm flexible soil pipe shoved into it, and then this has another one of the same flexible connectors in to bring it to floor level. Obviously the flexy connectors have many ridges in them, which just seems a really bad thing for flow and the potential of blockages. Going out of the wall and capping off the underground would be the easy option for sure, but it would lead to more potential of air leakage, and thermal bridging, so the underground is preferable.

I'm thinking to get a clay to plastic connector, and use some solid 110mm pipe as far as I can, ideally this would be up to floor level, but this may not be possible as if I remember right, there is a joist just where the toilet soil pipe lands, so there is yet another flexible connector into the other two flexible connectors to get around this issue!!

Any ideas?

Mike