Time for a proper drill.

epsilonGreedy

You'd be very unlucky to get a 110 V shock off a 110 V supply, a 55 V shock is much more likely. A circuit breaker likely won't help much for shocks off a 240 V supply. A 30 mA RCD probably will save you, if it's working properly.

1 hour ago, Simplysimon said:

depending on the condition of your heart, 110v can still kill you, 240v run through a circuit breaker is far safer as you cannot be electrocuted.

230V please! :)

Think you mean RCD.

I've had a 110V belt up through my sweaty armpit working with my shirt off of an obscure bit of crane kit years back when I leant across it. Unpleasant is the word. 

Site trannies/kit are 55V to earth to limit the effect of a belt. 

When the kit arrives will I be able to cut a 75mm ducting hole through both the inner and outer blocks from one side? The footings have standard 100mm blocks with a 100mm cavity.

I ask because it would be simpler to access the footings at the right depth from the internal oversight.

7 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

While reading up on drilling cores I found a few mentions about the danger of being thrown off a ladder if the cutter jams and the drill kicks. 

Very common DIY accident. Which is why ladders are for access only on proper building sites.  If you want to work at height the you can't use a ladder as a work platform. Luckily we aremostly DIYers on here :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Miek said:

Very common DIY accident. Which is why ladders are for access only on proper building sites.  If you want to work at height the you can't use a ladder as a work platform. Luckily we aremostly DIYers on here :)

even more reason not to push the limits , if you get hurt doing and things  go wrong  house may never get finished 

you don,t bounce as well at 40+ as you did at 20.

you are supposed to get smarter with age  not more stupid.

how many of your ladders are actually tied to something ?

Your feet need to be planted firmly when core drilling Even above a ground floor window You neeed to put a secure deck up 

My advise would be to get the bathroom wastes and fans done while the scaffold is still in place 

If you are rendering You can get everything done from the inside prior to rendering 

It always makes me laugh when we visit the build shows 

and they are selling the adjustable ladders Bbbb or whatever aproved 

It is so unusual to see a step ladder onsite now 

As someone has already stated 

Access only

I can still rember roofs on sites being felted and tiled without any scaffolding Just one piece pile ladders 

Scarey 

We all need to be careful

As one slip could end our selfbuild