Noisy pull cord in bathroom

joe90

It’s come to my attention that the pull switch in the bathroom is very noisy, CLUNK, CLUNK. Did not notice it before as we use the en suite normally. Can anyone recommend a make of pull switch that is quiet please?

They do vary wildly but I can't actually think which is the quietest.  A switch on the wall is my preferred option.

But if it's night time use that is the complaint, well I never use the light at night.  Once you know your way around, it is surprising what you can do in the dark.

We had the same problem, and I have found a pull switch that is much, much quieter than any other one I've heard.  It just makes a gentle, single click, not the loud double click that most make.  I've changed our switches for just this reason, they were too damned loud.

These are the ones, from TLC: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CM2781.html

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Chuck an occupancy switch in? No noise at all.

Not great when you have a wife who gets up, half asleep, a couple of times a night and REALLY, REALLY does NOT want to have the glare of the bathroom light coming on....

(BTW, the solution for that particular problem has been to fit a very dim, single LED light, set near floor level, that is switched by a PIR.  This allows navigation without creating high levels of grumpiness for the following 24 hours...)

+1 to @JSHarris

or - if your electrician doesn't understand your request and puts the full beam bright light on a pir get some of these - I've used them previously for a good few years and am now still using them

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Beams-Battery-Powered-Motion-Sensing-Stick-Anywhere-Nightlight/dp/B01JH0SSQ6/ref=sr_1_5?s=amazon-devices&ie=UTF8&qid=1547765870&sr=8-5&keywords=pir+night+light.  Batteries last 6 to 12 months dependant on usage

enough light to do what needs to be done without disturbing anyone

Edited by Hecateh

12 hours ago, JSHarris said:

BTW, the solution for that particular problem has been to fit a very dim, single LED light, set near floor level, that is switched by a PIR.  This allows navigation without creating high levels of grumpiness for the following 24 hours...)

Thanks Jeremy, will order a couple now. Regarding the above, this is wired for and on my extensive “yet to do list”? (but I better finish SWMBO wardrobe first).