Gas nailer servicing

Vijay

Hi,

Bought a used Paslode yesterday (IM350/90CT) and wondered if the service on them is DIY? It works well but I'd like to do a service before it gets put to use. I'm sure I read on an old post that they are fairly easy to do but can't find the post.

Cheers

Vijay

the minor service is dead easy, the main one can be more tricky when you remove the piston to avoid damage to the o ring. may be worthwhile paying for a major service to start with so you know it's right and you have a good beginning. buy the oil and cleaner

I know this may be contentious, but just get an air nailer.  All I've ever done with mine is put some fresh oil in the in-line oiler.  It's never, ever, jammed, never needed any maintenance and just works every time, with zero misfires.  Judging from all the Paslode nails I picked up (or rather the young labourer did) I'd have to say that nothing would convince me to own a gas nailer.  Not only is the air nailer far more reliable, and needs next to no servicing, but it was also a heck of a lot cheaper to buy than a gas nailer.  Friends in the US can't get their heads around the UK's obsession with not using air tools when frame building.

14 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

I know this may be contentious, but just get an air nailer.  All I've ever done with mine is put some fresh oil in the in-line oiler.  It's never, ever, jammed, never needed any maintenance and just works every time, with zero misfires.  Judging from all the Paslode nails I picked up (or rather the young labourer did) I'd have to say that nothing would convince me to own a gas nailer.  Not only is the air nailer far more reliable, and needs next to no servicing, but it was also a heck of a lot cheaper to buy than a gas nailer.  Friends in the US can't get their heads around the UK's obsession with not using air tools when frame building.

I own both and agree that the air nailer is by far more reliable. But there is no chance you would catch me taking it up on a roof. Also if I can avoid that poxy compressor running all day I will. As for the gas, just keep a spare in your pocket. Firstly it keeps it warm and secondly it gives a very impressive bulge...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1