Garage Build

Dub Thing

Hi 

It looks like this is the place I wish I knew about before i started planning my garage/man cave build as its full of information and help.

I have permission to build and am in the process of trying to get quotes in both brick and SIP before I decide what to go for.

Im sure will be asking plenty of questions along the way and will be back to show how things go along the way.

15D9270C-CA1A-4CE8-98EE-50F20B7B87F1.jpeg

Edited by Dub Thing
not visable

Hi 

yes it’s for a couple of classic cars, with bifold doors that I will mirror film or have internal blinds depending on the budget left once the shell is together. 

The roof span if sip panels will be internally supporting designed by the supplier (superior sips) if it’s going to be block build then the roof will be steals and joists. Flat roof with roof lights and sedum to help the build blend in a bit as it is on large side ( footprint is bigger than the house). 

Many recomendations are much appreciated. 

F3A4EDD8-8EE4-41EB-B2DC-F27191F8D207.jpeg

A4C4DD34-7858-4E21-9957-6B1D3CE708BA.jpeg

14 hours ago, Oz07 said:

Are you loaded?! Sips for a garage the world's gone mad

It does seem excessive until you start to add up the costs for a roof and steels to cover the span. also getting builders to come and quote for a brick build seems almost impossible to get them to turn up or come back with a price. Sips does add up but i haven't got a block built price to compare to yet.

If anyone wants to build it for me id be happy for them to quote with concrete block and flat roof.  Im in KT3 New Malden

• 2 months later...

The build progress so far is that its going to be built on a brick raft with a ring beam and spine that is way over the required spec but better to be over the top and not crack years down the line. Walls are to be concrete block and a roof covered with sedum to blend in a little bit by covering the flat roof.

the front will be bifold doors with mirror film on the doors to reflect some light back into the garden. 

Footings are dug and the pour will be on Friday after the building inspector visit on Thursday. 

4BA755C0-7FD3-426F-8A62-5B9E32FADBA4.jpeg

DE521A4A-020B-4266-AD28-85657C3A2E45.jpeg

9F073008-1456-4A6C-9CBA-67D550596205.jpeg