Temporary Path

Hi all,

I need a temporary wheelchair friendly path solution. We've had an annexe built in the bottom of our garden and as groundworks have been in the garden and old existing path have been removed. It's a bit of a mud bath and has a slight slope leading to the annexe. Until the landscapers we're using come in (April) I need to put something temporary in so my father can gain access in his wheelchair. Any cheap easy suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Chipboard flooring laid on roof battens, screwed from the top down

laid on sand to iron out any undulations 

paint with very cheap gloss paint and throw sharp sand on the paint to form a non slip surface. 

By April it will be ready for the skip. 

I know this works works as I had to install a temporary path to a public toilet, whilst a new path was being built, had hundreds of users over a week. 

We are using pallets and then nail OSB on them where needed.  Could put carpet or paint / sand to stop slipping though ours isn't slippy (but also not too slopey).  Just used stuff lying around on site so cheap as chips to put together.  Seems pretty effective.  Been in place for 6 months and hopefully will last the duration of the build.  Keeps us out of the mud / lumps of concrete / extra hardcore lying around.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update to say path laid with OSB boars on top. Some old exterior paint mixed with sand then some more sprinkles on top. Worked perfectly and will see us through until spring. Thanks for all your help, it's very much appreciated. ??