4m stud partition - extra reinforcement?

Ferdinand

I need to construct a partition 2.4m high across a 4m run, which is free at the top ... ie a high ceiling with a space above the partition.

I have not built one of these before ... can anyone advise on any extra measures I need to take for extra rigidity or intermediate support?

I am thinking 63x36 timber, normal spacing, and perthaps extra noggins. DO I eg need a joist across the top?

Cheers

Ferdinand

It is to divide off 1/3 of an 8x4m storeroom to create a usable space, and a smaller store.

The plan is probably to board one side on ply, of which there is some available.

I should have said that the floor is a concrete slab.

I was planning concrete screws for attaching the wall plate.

Do I need a 4m length for across the the top?

Thanks

F

Further to this thread, these are photos of the space I need to subdivide.

As you can see it is a lean to profile, with a ceiling height running from approx 3m up to approx 4m.

I want a partition just on the far side of the electric double socket on the LHS, to give me a store at the end consisting of about 2-2.5m off the end of the room.

Having thought a little more, I think I favour putting a joist in with using mini joist hangers just below the heavy ducting, a floorplate, some verticals and then boarding out on the near side with ply or son to give a rigid structure. POtentially I could board both sides, but I am not sure if will need that.

Further comments are welcome.

IMG_0639.thumb.JPG.1a48d38912c5b6c6322f6dd67f02d09c.JPG

IMG_0638.thumb.JPG.32095deb2ba203135042bce54ca236ac.JPG

IMG_0637.thumb.JPG.fa805cc733f0ee9e83b08637efa31562.JPG

Edited by Ferdinand