Pavement Query

Good Morning all,

We are just going through the planning stage of our very first (and probably last) self build.

My query is... Our plot is a corner plot in the middle of town, the pavement runs across the front of the plot but not up the side. Would this likely be our responsibility to put in or would it be the councils? 

Thanks in advance.

965781968_Sitelayout.thumb.PNG.6bcd66496eaf7e7e20b07fe05492140b.PNG

42 minutes ago, kingie573 said:

[...]

My query is... Our plot is a corner plot in the middle of town, the pavement runs across the front of the plot but not up the side. Would this likely be our responsibility to put in or would it be the councils? 

[...]

Ask them. In writing.

The benefit of doing that (anyway) is to formalise the process of decision making. Ignore the issue until there's a response and do nothing on the ground until you have a response. 

Do you have planning permission in place? If not, are you willing to pay for the payment if the council say they won't do it or if they say its your responsibility (as a condition to getting your planning approved)? If you don't want to pay for it, i'd wait until you get your planning approved (without condition) and then raise the question.

Who has to maintain it if you have to put it in rather than the council and who has the right to use it? Is it simply your path if you own the land or becomes something for the public to use if not your land?