To chase or not to chase?..

Bored Shopper

We submitted our plans for pre-application advice, paid the fee back in Nov'2018. The Council states they aim to deal with these in 10 working days, and set up a meeting in 15 working days from submission date. It's been almost twice that long (even taking Christmas out),  and last time we gently checked whether they received the payment (the payment process is separate from application, so some doubts around whether they can match the two correctly) a reply came that they received both and aim to respond last week.

Nothing since, and the weekly update on council website shows they are dealing with applications submitted later than ours. Hence, the questions - should we chase them again, or we risk getting into their bad books forever? I know, patience is  a virtue, but there is patience and patience. Am also mindful there will be another 8 wks once we submit the full appl;n.

Advice?..

chase - definitely but gently so as to keep them on side.

'Many' people, when they have too much work to do, will concentrate on the work that someone is asking for.  It's easier that way.

Definitely an area where patience doesn't pay.

Slightly different but when I was waiting for planning my 'architect' kept telling me "it takes as long as it takes."  When I got fed up and called the planning dept they told me that they were waiting for a payment and a confirmation of some information.  I was able to provide that instantly and got verbal confirmation of permissions

2 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

Professional, polite, persistent works well - mostly.

This, gently chase, understand that they are stretched and act accordingly.

Case in point when i had a meeting with a planning officer, i asked what there timescales were to receive a formal response. They said 2 weeks, and if i hadn't heard anything after that time, feel free to call and remind them about it. 

• Thanks 1