ICF wall hangers - Lavann..

He drew up drawings when we where 1st doing our plans. I used this and supplied him basic sketches with dimensions. Cut down on his paper work, I received a verbal price within a few hours and went into the production queue. 

Maybe just lucky with the manufacturer's order books.

Quick thought. Where you put the joists sat on top of the pole plate, would you only ever do it with  an extended top cord sat atop said plate, or the whole joist? In the case of the first do you make up any difference between joist and plate lower edge (for purposes of plasterboarding primarily) with counter battens? IN the case of the second where you have a whacking great difference, do you batten the walls and then take advantage ot that by using the gap as  a service voidd as well?

• 4 years later...
On 24/03/2023 at 14:59, Mulberry View said:

Very handy post this one. Just what I was looking for. I've been contemplating the method so I can plan for my floor joists pre-pour and the method I had in my head is pretty much exactly as per the video @Russell griffiths shared.

Russell, I assume you still advocate this method now we're a few years down the line?

Well it hasn’t fallen down yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, Mulberry View said:

I'm now part way into this. Did you put anything between your concrete and timber @Russell griffiths? @Alexphd1 used pieces of DPM I believe....

Nope, why, are you expecting the concrete to be wet ?

concrete and aluminium then separating layer definitely. 

Concrete and wood, no separation needed. 

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

Nope, why, are you expecting the concrete to be wet ?

concrete and aluminium then separating layer definitely. 

Concrete and wood, no separation needed. 

I wouldn't have done it, only that Alex had so wanted to check I hadn't missed the point.

• 1 month later...
On 15/01/2024 at 16:18, WiltshireLink said:

Sorry if I missed it, but what size anchor bolts did you use?

I just got some 9x2 boards and my god they're heavy! Did you hang them before pour of set the bolts with a bit of board and then attach the board once set?

Hi there. I've posted a new topic in this section. Feel free to check it out and ask any questions. It was a fair bit of prep, but eliminates the steps later on.

Edited by Mulberry View