wall hung toilet frames (Geberit) compatibility with non-Geberit toilet pans? Anyone tried Vitra?

I have a smallish downstairs bathroom that will only be 1.7m in width and therefore trying to push the toilet as far 'into the wall' as possible and also give the illusion of space (therefore going for wall hung rather than back to the wall toilet).

Geberit or Grohe seem to be the best in terms of fitting. Worth paying the extra it seems over some makes.  I like the Geberit up720 frame as it's only 80mm in depth plus boxing in/tiling depth. However, I don't particularly like their small projection ("iCon") toilet (490mm). How easy is it to match up with another toilet, e.g. shanks, twyford etc?

"For installation of a wall-hung WC with bolt fixings set at 180 or 230 mm centres" So that means I need to ensure that whatever pan I have on the wife's wishlist needs to be fixable at either 180 or 230mm centres, correct? I don't want to have a garden full of non-compatible toilets that I need to sell on/return! If that is the case there is a Vitra short projection toilet (48mm) with 180mm fixings that could be in the running (subject to wife approval status). I then spotted that Vitra also do a  Vitra frame that is 80mm:

image for 740-5800-02 Vitra 8cm Wall Hung Slim Frame With 2.5/4 Ltr Concealed Cisternimage.png.a93e55714f11792c7320e102fbd98d4e.png

Vitra are Turkish and their warranties actually are better than other makes:

image.png.a9f93b78d33e26ac056a83620bc7fef4.png

Their range seems decent: https://www.ergonomicdesigns.co.uk/uploads/brochure/54.pdf and VP sell their toilets and frames also, so I can't imagine they would be doing that if they are complete crap.

Has anyone have experience, especially the wall hung frame? Installation vid seems uncomplicated (no surprise) https://vitra-fitandforget.co.uk/fit-with-confidence/. Although it may need a bigger area than just the flush plate that needs to be removable for any maintenance issues (compared to Grohe/Geberit).

TIA

47 minutes ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

I have one vitra frame and one geberit frame

No issues with install or maintenance with either?

47 minutes ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Roca also do a slimline wall hung cistern.

Thanks - not a bad price either! https://www.ukbathrooms.com/products/roca-duplo-wall-hung-toilet-frame-and-cistern.html

32 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I'll hopefully be fitting a Berstein wc to Geberit frame shortly. One of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIMLESS-WALL-HUNG-WALL-MOUNTED-TOILET-NT2038-Ceramic-Soft-close-duroplast-seat/282355252671?

Not a bad look with 480mm projection. Did that come from Germany in the end?

6 hours ago, oranjeboom said:

Didn't buy a spare one at the time did you?? I'm sure the Brexit vote today will swing the exchage rate back in our favour....☹️

SWMBO's another weird one who wants all the wcs the same?

Guessing once she's perfected her cleaning technique on one it makes sense... :ph34r:

On 15/01/2019 at 16:52, Onoff said:

SWMBO's another weird one who wants all the wcs the same?

Guessing once she's perfected her cleaning technique on one it makes sense... :ph34r:

Yes, it's not like she's going to be able to see them both at once and spot the difference. Strange indeed. But yeah, a bit like mine....everything has to be centred which is never going to happen!

On 15/01/2019 at 16:52, Onoff said:

Well it does mean that she will need to be issued with another set of instructions for the other toilet...so I see her point.:ph34r:

On 15/01/2019 at 18:32, Hecateh said:

I got 2 cheap loos and one a bit more expensive.  

I much prefer the cheap ones.  Their shape 'works' better, and the seat is more comfortable LOL

My pocket prefers the cheaper ones too. Are your cheapo's wall hung also? Any links? Taking the wife out this weekend (lucky her) to some showrooms so hoping to check their website out tonight and ready to butter her up for the cheaper range....

1 hour ago, oranjeboom said:

My pocket prefers the cheaper ones too. Are your cheapo's wall hung also? Any links? Taking the wife out this weekend (lucky her) to some showrooms so hoping to check their website out tonight and ready to butter her up for the cheaper range....

No unfortunately not wall hung.  I did want wall hung but had overspent so much by then, and with plumbers saying the fitting would be more expensive  (- and not really sounding as if they had any idea what they were talking about).  I opted for a back to wall with concealed cistern for my ensuite and basic ones for the bathroom and cloakroom.  

274789213_toilet2.thumb.jpg.c053de14e3a0b0935452a4540c8acfbb.jpg

This is the en suite one.  The seat is much narrower than the other - so less comfortable for my generous posterior.  In the loo the back slopes in quite steeply meaning ((TMI WARNING) solid matter sticks on the way down)  and the surface doesn't appear to get well washed when flushed.

This is the cheaper one

500188686_toilet1.thumb.jpg.3ee82dd6ccd64a7f320c2af34b294243.jpg

The broader seat is more comfortable and back is more or less vertical which works better.  The cloakroom one is better as the seat is better adjusted, this one need bringing slightly further forward.  I just need to adjust it.

• 2 years later...
On 14/01/2019 at 12:59, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

I have one vitra frame and one geberit frame as above both with duravit toilets.

It is the flush plates that seem to be specific to each cistern.

Roca also do a slimline wall hung cistern.

@Moira Niedzwiecka two and a bit years on, how is the Vitra toilet frame?

Wtf? Ladies accepting of different pans and frames ergo flush plates???

SWMBO here insisting on the same frames/flush plates and pans throughout. On the frames check, one Geberit fitted and two in storage ready to go. I need to get a 3rd Kappa flush plate from somewhere to make 3.

The pans...so enamoured is she with our Bernstein NT2038 (wall hung, rimless), I have to get two more. £130 ish when I bought it from Germany originally. Now doubled in price!