Beam and block service holes

Grosey

I have a beam and block intermediate floor, I understand that I can just remove/drill/notch blocks in order to bring services through, but what is the recommended process for shuttering these holes when it comes time to screed? Same problem on a bigger scale are the stairwell, is it just a case of putting ply around the gap, will friction be enough to complete a seal here or do I need something else?

I plan to remove at least 1 full block for 1 soil stack and have the rest as a riser for services, if I shutter this and screed how do I make good the hole once I'm done?

We bundled as many of the services as we could into one gap, block removed. SVP, MVHR, heating, electrical etc. This was shuttered prior to screed pour. After, we filled the gaps with foam and boxed it all in.

For some localised intrusions (e.g. mains water and electric into house), we drilled holes after screed was poured - simple to do as we have a basement room below the beam and block floor. Just had to keep a zone clear from UFH pipes. My intention is to blow foam into the holes after pipes are in and prior to finish flooring.

Do not understand the question about stairwell - are the stairs going down from beam & block level? We had this with basement stairs, shuttering did the trick.

In terms of small gaps, prior to puring screed they laid a membrane on floor and part-way up the wall (or shuttering), this was able to seal very effectively.

Ideal, that's answered things perfectly really. Yes it's 1st floor block and beam, stairs down to ground floor, so will need to shutter quite a large area, taking the membrane up the sides of the shuttering will do the job I guess. 

Wasn't sure if foam in the service gaps would be adequate for regs?

2 hours ago, Grosey said:

Wasnt sure if foam in the service gaps would be adequate for regs?

Neither am I, just discussed it with my builder and we did it. Boxed in now so nothing to see or check - my primary concern was noise leakage.